SC Department of Public Safety Mental Health Professional I / Intensive Community Treatment in Aiken County, South Carolina
This position is located at Aiken Barnwell MHC 1135 Gregg Highway Aiken, SC 29801.
Under limited supervision, provides an array of treatment services, in the home/community, using evidence based services to promote and support the recovery of persons with mental illness.
- Provides counseling and treatment services to patients served by agency ensuring patients are seen according to needs. Mental Health services will be provided in a culturally competent manner which will include but not be limited to: assessment, crisis management, individual therapy, group therapy and family therapy.
- Completes clinical/administrative documentation according to QA/SCDMH policies to include setting patient goals, developing treatment plans, measuring and documenting progress and completing prior authorizations. Documentation will occur via collaboration documentation model.
- Enhances professional growth and development via collegial consultation, conferences, continuing education and licensure in SC.
- Measures and reports patient satisfaction. Addresses engagement issues. Develops discharge plans with patient.
- Networks with colleagues and partners to educate about the importance of good mental health, treatment and ZERO Suicide.
- Complies with SCDMH Policies and Procedures to include but not limited to Corporate Compliance and Risk Management.
- Performs other duties as needed.
This position serves the general population in Aiken and Barnwell Counties along with the following specialized populations: * Provides intensive in-home/community treatment to those adults diagnosed with a chronic and persistent mental illness (i.e.: Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder, etc.). Minimum and Additional Requirements
A master's degree in guidance, counseling, the social sciences or a related field.
Agency Preferences A Master's degree in social work, counseling, guidance, or the social sciences and one (1) year of post- graduate experience providing counseling/treatment. Candidate must be licensed; or license eligible by the state of South Carolina and willing to pursue license.
*Knowledge of assessment and interviewing techniques. Knowledge of some evidenced based treatment interventions, which could include Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Trauma Based CBT, etc. Ability to effectively plan, coordinate and manage complex treatment interventions. Knowledge of legal and ethical practices. Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws or regulations pertaining to social service programs. Possess excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks. *
*ABMHC invites you to share our vision and passion for serving others!!! *
An Opportunity to be part of a multi-disciplinary team that makes a difference in the lives of others. Gain valuable on the job training, expertise and skills in evidence based treatment, problem solving, communication and networking. Be part of an innovative and diverse workforce of dedicated public mental health leaders. Personalized coaching from a Licensed and Experienced Clinician and opportunity for clinical supervision for licensure. Opportunity for enhanced clinical training through conferences, consultation groups, and trainings on EBPs (Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, Substance Use Disorders, EMDR). Extensive benefits package worth 41% of salary (Dental, Medical, paid sick leave, paid holidays, paid annual leave, and more).
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. If you do not answer the supplemental questions, your application is incomplete and will not be reviewed. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for a completed employment application. The employment application will be considered incomplete and not forwarded if only a resume is provided and/or supplemental questions are not answered.
Applicant must be able to lift 5 lbs.
The South Carolina Department of Mental Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity Agency. We provide affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex – including the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, national origin, age, religion, or disability.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Aiken County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 98206
Closing: 3/31/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: GA50
Position Number: 60000000
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Opening Date: 12/11/2019
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Please apply on-line at www.careers.sc.gov; you may also track the status of your application on-line.
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Normal work schedule is Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Work schedule is subject to change based on the needs of the agency. This may include an occasional weekend/evening if needed.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health-MHC Aiken-Barnwell
Address: 1135 Gregg Highway Aiken, South Carolina, 29801