AECOM Project Consulting Specialist 1 in Aiken, South Carolina
United States of America - South Carolina, Aiken
AECOM is seeking a
Project Consulting Specialist 1 to be based in our Aiken, SC location.
Plans, designs, coordinates, and performs complex consulting assignments related to facility/site functional area program reviews, evaluation of operational processes, system modifications, procedures and equipment to ensure effective implementation, enhanced improvements and communication of such programs with internal AECOM managers and employees, external organizations for which AECOM is contracted to provide support services, and the Government. May act as staff augmentation for an AECOM site’s line organization, assessment leader, or team leader in preparing solutions to related plant problems, coordinating preparations for and participating in readiness verifications for startups or restarts after facility design changes, assisting in the management of plant outages, or performing and/or evaluating plant evolutions. Plans and coordinates implementation of complex performance reviews to assure timely completion within budget. Such reviews may involve contract management, plant outage management, test management, system modifications, plant configuration, safety and environmental programs, preoperational achieving readiness preparations and close-out validation, and similar scopes as may be assigned. Expected to interface and coordinate with all AECOM organizations, AECOM management, and external agencies and organizations. Requires entry into Radiological and/or Chemical Exclusion Areas in order to perform assessments and evaluate plant condition and organizational performance.
1) Performs a combination of project coordination duties by providing technical expertise relevant to plant problems, associated design modifications, and process/system implementation and performance. Such duties require sufficient professional experience to assure competence as a fully trained professional and include, but are not limited to, the following: - Coordinating or participating in special or unique assessments of moderate complexity with a team of managers, engineers, technicians and operators, to identify and develop plans and resolve problems. - Applying comprehensive review, planning, and detailed resolutions to problems in areas of systems, processes, procedures, and plant equipment to assure successful resolution. This includes developing special plans and processes to assure success. - Evaluating project/site condition and supporting programs. - Coordinating extensively with internal managers and employees to ensure that proper permits, regulations, and procedures are in place for changes in munitions and/or agents tests and for recovery from plant outages. Ensuring that all schedules are effectively communicated and strategic solutions are developed as needed to meet required milestones. - Drafting, reviewing, finalizing, and submitting assessment reports and other specified deliverables for contractor operated sites, external agencies, Government representatives, and internal customers. Is also responsible for ensuring that analysis, plans, and documentation are complete.- Providing information to Environmental, Safety, Engineering, Operations and other key functional areas, to ensure test plans, executions, and pre-operational executions are completed in accordance with legal and operational procedures.- Completing technical related duties related to engineering, operating, risk, and administrative projects that affect the status and successful completion of various plant activities.
2) May be required to provide oversight, mentoring/coaching to a technicians, mechanics, operators, line management, or others who assist in specific assignments.
3) Provides technical or complex performance management expertise relevant to the subject matter to include resolution of plant problems, associated plant modifications, and system implementation. Such duties require intensive and diversified knowledge of operational principles and practices, use of advanced techniques, perceptions based on established requirements, and practices of the field and related sciences/disciplines in broad areas of assignments and related fields. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:- Leading a team of managers, engineers, technicians and operators as needed to identify and develop plans and resolve problems in a part of a major assessment or part of a team that would conduct a performance evaluation of moderate scope. - Performing complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Is responsible for ensuring all schedules are effectively communicated and strategic solutions to non-routine or complex requirements/milestones are developed. Work is expected to result in refined processes and/or methods.- Performing duties as a specialist, developing and evaluating plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by others. Is also responsible for assessing the feasibility and soundness of proposed evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or confirmation by testing is advisable.- - Assisting in the coordination of plant and major system outages, including coordinating specific activities within the outage.
4) Coordinates customer interface in terms of scope of work, feasibility, performance schedules, objectives, and accomplishments as related to trials, tests, outages and changeovers to include coordinating pre-operational surveys with on and off site Government personnel.
5) Receives general instructions relating largely to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with supervisors concerning unusual problems and developments.
6) Represents the organization in meetings/conferences which are conducted to resolve important questions and to plan/coordinate work as required.
7) Ensures that all the training necessary to carry out an assignment as a subject matter expert (SME) and properly demonstrate that skill set are satisfactorily completed.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Works in an administrative office when not on business travel to various client sites and locations. May enter areas containing high hazard chemicals, radiological issues, or other industrial hazards. The individual and supervisor assure that the degree of risk is reduced to the lowest level by understanding the associated hazards and implementing required controls. Must be able to acknowledge and respond to site specific signage, alarms, and verbal direction due to abnormal conditions and be able to don a protective mask or other prescribed types of PPE and evacuate in an expeditious manner. Selected modules of Plant System Training and Toxic Area Training will be provided commensurate with task assignments.
The incumbent must demonstrate ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and myriad objectives, and the ability to reach consensus on complex issues in a timely and effective manner. In addition, incumbent performing duties must possess the following respective qualifications:
Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in engineering, technical, or science field and 6 years related work experience
OR a Master's Degree and 4 years related work experience
OR a Ph.D. and 2 years related work experience
OR 14 years equivalent specialized training and work experience.
Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee's safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM's Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Job Category Engineering
Business Line Government
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 198592BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.