SC Department of Public Safety Psychiatrist in Beaufort County, South Carolina
**THIS IS A REPOST
This position is located in Beaufort County but will travel through our five county catchment area. Tele-psychiatry options are available.
Coastal empire CMHC is an approved site for the National Health Service Corps (NHSC), which offers student loan repayment of up to $60,000.00 to employees of NHSC-approved sites. You must be a US citizen, you must be licensed to practice independently in the state where you are hired, and you must have unpaid government or commercial school loans. There is a two year service commitment required as well. Confirmation of qualifying for this loan repayment program is the responsibility of every applicant - we cannot guarantee your qualification.
Under general supervision of the Psychiatric Service Chief, exercises medical responsibility for psychiatric services to children, adolescents and their families in area offices of Coastal Empire CMHC.**
- Interviews, examines, diagnoses and treats a broad range of mental and emotional disorders of children, adolescents and their families in concert with a team approach with other mental health professionals by team staffing, case consultation and medical review.
- Participates in area planning and problem solving related to concerns of the Center regarding psychiatric services to children, adolescents and their families.
- Teaches and consults with CECMHC staff and in the communities, as appropriate, in the special areas of child and adolescent mental health problems and their families.
- Provides examination and consultations to courts and community agencies as appropriate.
- Serves on-call for the psychiatric service with at least three other psychiatrists as required.
- Sees adults as requested or needed. **Travel throughout CECMHC's 5 county catchment area may be required.
AS OF JUNE 1, 2016 THIS IS A SMOKE FREE CAMPUS**
Minimum and Additional Requirements
**Agency Preferred:__ Licensed or eligible for licensure to practice medicine in SC; completion of full residency (4 years) in psychiatry; completion of two (2) year fellowship in child and adolescent psychiatry; Board Certification in psychiatry is strongly preferred and required and certified classifications. Must be eligible to work in the US
Submit and up to date, detailed resume along with a copy of your transcripts. **
Experience delivering psychiatric care in a community setting to children, adolescents and their families. Ability to work well with other professionals in the coordinated staffing, evaluation and treatment of clients.
SCDMH offers an outstanding package of salary and benefits:
- Up to $215,000 package including benefits
- Health, dental, life, disability and vision insurance
- 15 days each of annual and sick leave per year
- 401K and Pension Plan
- Practice Insurance and excellent malpractice insurance
- Possible relocation, bonus and tuition loan repayment Supplemental questions are considered par of your official application. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for this position._ _
Salary: $0.00 Annually
Location: Beaufort County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 68126
Closing: 3/31/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Submit and up to date, detailed resume along with a copy of your transcripts.
Class Code: UB26
Position Number: 603M0043
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Unclassified
Opening Date: 09/22/2019
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Mental Health-MHC Coastal Empire
Address: 1050 Ribaut Road Beaufort, South Carolina, 29902