Lockheed Martin Aircraft Mechanic 4 (Maintenance Controller) in Beaufort, South Carolina
Description: Maintenance Controller for Italian F-35 STOVL; Uses advance Fifth Generation aircraft management tools “Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS)” to create and assigns work-orders. Responsible for tracking of aircraft, aircraft history, maintenance, engine data, Time Compliance Technical Directives (TCTDs), time change items to project future maintenance events that will impact aircraft operations. Performs debriefing, scheduling, inspection tracking, coordination of outside support, assists in signing the aircraft safe for flight release and other various functions in accordance with 4790 and JDT. Work with maintenance supervision to ensure maintenance actions are completed on time. Ensures data entered into ALIS by lower technical levels to include military members is complete, accurate and provide training when necessary. Performs related clerical functions associated with Maintenance Control such as updating status boards, pass down, obtaining and distribution forms, or other duties as directed by the supervisor. Requires the application of experience and judgment in selecting procedures to be followed in searching for, interpreting, selecting, or coding items to be entered from an ALIS and other related functions.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
* Must have an Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
Desired Skills: • Previous experience working in a Joint environment is highly desirable
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Be able to perform other duties as assigned.
• Previous experience as a Maintenance Controller, Aircraft Production Supervisor, and/or Aircraft Flightline Expediter highly desirable.
•Working Knowledgeable of such programs as Hazardous Waste Management, Safety, Training, FOD, Security, Supply Chain Management, and Time Accounting.
•Knowledgeable of OSHA, AFOSH, NAVOSH, and state safety and health standards and regulations.
• Have the ability to supervise multiple maintenance disciplines in an integrate workforce environment that consists of Military, Government Civil Service, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Pratt and Whitney, General Electric and BAE systems employees.
• have the ability to work in flexible schedules.
• be capable of performing in a role of task trainer.
• possess technical skills and knowledge sufficient to resolve maintenance difficulties and successfully perform troubleshooting to solve problems considered beyond the scope of routine problem solving techniques.
• be able to communicate/coordinate with Aircraft Associate Managers and the
•Maintenance & Logistics Support Manager on schedules, aircraft status and issues as they occur.
•Validates work schedules and assigns tasks in the Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS).
•Assist the Ops Analyst with monitoring aircraft status and requesting base support.
•Provide On-The Job training to government personnel as it pertains to Aircraft scheduling and Maintenance Ops Center operations.
•Assist business ops in the collection of aircraft performance data.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.