Pike Corporation Truck Driver - Transmission in Beaufort, South Carolina
Position Summary:Truck Driver is an entry level position in the construction, maintenance and repair of electrical transmission systems. This position works at various locations. The position may also be required to travel to another state depending on customer demands.
• Work safely while performing new construction, maintenance or repair work of energized and de-energized transmission work.
• Stringing overhead wire.
• Setting poles and anchors.
• Assists with installing transformers, lightening arrestors, cutouts, crossarms, insulators, switches and switchgear.
• Assists in replacing fuses in transformers and clears faulted circuits and systems.
• Frequently works with energized high voltage systems requiring skill and care to protect the lives of themselves and others.
• Maintains company vehicles, equipment and tools in good working order.
• Does all other related work as required to complete the job.
• Able to perform rigorous physical labor.
• Understands proper use of company radio.
• Understands operation of heavy equipment.
• Understand basic rigging, hand lines, and lineman knot tying.
• Understand the proper use and maintenance of hand tools.
• Capable of receiving and following directions.
• Capable of learning basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
• Possess a basic knowledge of materials used in line work.
• Able to identify primary and secondary voltage on a circuit.
• Must be familiar with induced voltage.
• Capable of assisting with the installation and hook up of a single phase transformer.
• Capable of performing basic bucket rescue/escape.
• Understands the basic concepts of equipment set up and grounding.
• Capable of working at heights and/or confined spaces.
• Understands minimum approach distance.
• Capable of checking voltage on transformers.
• Understands flag and tag procedures.
• Capable of installing and removing a service.
• Capable of properly inspecting rubber goods and PPE.
• Understands when to wear personnel protective equipment.
• Capable of making up and using a hand line.
• Understands how and when to use Kellum grips.
• Able to identify different types of materials used in line work.
• Able to travel long distances on short notice, when required.
• Able to work for extended periods in various locations, when required.
• Able to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License.
• A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred.
• Able to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
• Must be able to work outside, frequently in inclement weather.
• Willing to work over-time when requested.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to fingers, handle to feel; and reach with hands and arms.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. This position is performed in outside weather conditions.
• Customer Oriented
• Must be able to follow Company safety rules and all other Company policies.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike is a Non-Union Company
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Truck Driver - Transmission
Location: South Carolina-Beaufort
Requisition ID: 210000EX