Bosch Contract Set-up Mechanic - 2nd and 3rd Shifts - Per Diem Available! in Charleston, South Carolina
Bosch Charleston is a part of a global network with close to 400,000 associates who make products that are "Invented for Life."
The Bosch Charleston plant has a long history in the Lowcountry and was established in 1974. We Drive. to provide a safe and inspiring environment for our associates. We make a difference and delight our global customers by creating state of the art products.
Over the past five years we have contributed over 1 million USD to Science, Technology Engineering and Math (STEM) and environmental organizations in the Lowcountry through the Bosch Community Fund. Additionally, Bosch Charleston works closely with our partners to support these initiatives through volunteerism. There are many opportunities to get involved and we hope you will join us as we make a difference in the Lowcountry.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives:
• FIRST Robotics (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science & Technology)
• AWIM (A World In Motion)
You will be accountable for troubleshooting and maintenance of equipment to achieve safety product and quality targets, as well as adhering to Bosch’s established standards and procedures. You will be required to display a high level of associate involvement and teamwork to provide continuous improvement ideas and demonstrate strong customer focus.
A daily living allowance (per diem) is provided for out of market candidates
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES (*denotes essential functions as defined by ADA)
· Troubleshoot, process and repair or replace defective parts, such as gears, clutches, bushings, shafts, bearings, solenoids, valves, pumps, and direction controls as required.
· Monitors operations, reduces scrap and rework rates, audits parts, and when required preforms adjustments necessary to maintain proper setup and to ensure quality production.
· Analyzes equipment/machine problems, performs repairs, or initiates corrective actions if beyond scope of Experience
· Demonstrates self-initiative, promotes associates’ suggestions, and utilized CIP concepts to improve quality and overall equipment effectiveness.
· Initiates corrective actions if data shows “out of control” conditions. Instructs associates in the proper use and care of machines, tools, and measuring instruments.
· Reduces setup time and general downtimes via CIP activities and properly escalates as required.
· Controls parts flow and monitors production quantities.
· Follows plant safety and environmental policies, and keeps work areas clean and orderly.
· Actively seeks additional opportunities to gain knowledge or cross train.
This position interacts with Operators, Operational Technicians, Special Technicians, Manufacturing Engineers and leadership.
This is an 11 month contract opportunity scheduled to end 12/31/21
· Must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent
· Must be at least 18 years or older
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written, with supervision and other personnel
· Familiar with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel)
· Must be able to function in a noisy and fast paced environment
· Demonstrates self-initiative
· Minimum two years of experience in manufacturing assembly or machining
· Basic knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics, print-reading and mechanics
· Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency, leadership ability, and teamwork
· Must be willing to work on alternate shifts and must demonstrate the ability to adapt to changes