HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Division Vice President of GME in Charleston, South Carolina
Exciting opportunity to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services! * * HCA Healthcare is a national leader in providing modern, culturally competent, patient-centered care and we are driven by a single goal:/the care and improvement of human life./
We are currently looking for an exceptional *Division Vice President of GME *to join our team. We believe in our team and your ability to help us provide high quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. We are seeking a great addition to the team who feels patient care is as important as we do!
Interested in learning more about us?Click here!
HCA Graduate Medical Education is one of the nation’s largest providers of residency and fellowship training programs across the nation. With more than 203 programs across 21 specialties and 43 hospitals, HCA GME is building a leading network of innovative, patient-centered graduate medical education programs. We believe graduate medical education is much more than medical training. Our goal is to inspire the next generation of physicians to care for and improve human life by focusing on patient-centered approaches to practicing the latest evidence-based medicine. HCA hospitals currently train more than 2,650 residents and fellows with that number growing to 5,500 by 2020.
_Summary of Position_
Under the Direction of the HCA Healthcare Vice President of Graduate Medical Education, theDivision Vice President of GMEwill provide the strategy, oversight, and hands-on management for the GME serviceline and programs in a specific HCA Healthcare Division. To accomplish the GME strategy for the Division, the GME VP will need to secure the needed collaboration of others in the highly matrixed HCA Healthcare environment. While working to understand the needs and business strategy of the Division, the VP of GME will be responsible for being the knowledge broker and implementation leader for GME in the Division as well as being a part of the enterprise-wide HCA Healthcare GME VP team implementing the GME strategy for the entire enterprise. Hands-on involvement with faculty recruitment, problem-solving for resident issues, facilitating smooth operations for GME Continuity Clinics, managing the financial success of GME in the Division, etc. are all key aspects of this role.
Successful candidates for this role will:
- Possess the executive level skills and knowledge needed to oversee the implementation of GME programs within their Divisions as well as the ongoing management of a multifaceted business unit that will operate in multiple teaching hospitals within a Division
- Have in-depth knowledge of the workings of Graduate Medical Education and understand the regulatory structure of the ACGME
- Be able to lead and sustain GME institutional accreditation and program accreditation within a multi-hospital market/Division
- Understand and manage the execution of the faculty hiring and contracting process for all programs in the Division
- Understand and oversee the unique financial support and expense management for GME programs
- Effectively manage a team of residents, faculty, and staff in the Division that may be more than one thousand persons
Doctorate which may include an MD, DO, Ph.D., or other advanced degree
5 or more years of relevant GME experience in roles such as Program Director, DIO, or VP of GME in a multi-program GME institutional setting or executive level leadership in a multi-hospital healthsystem
_Knowledge, Skills and Abilities_
- Extensive knowledge and experience running Graduate Medical Education programs.
- Knowledge of the ACGME accreditation process.
- Ability to plan, organize, execute, delegate, and supervise.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
- Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of existing methods and procedures.
- Skill in hiring and managing teaching faculty.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clinical and administrative staff and the public.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Title: Division Vice President of GME
Location: South Carolina-Charleston-PM South Atlantic Division
Requisition ID: 10213-31917