Aerotek General Production Operator in Charleston, South Carolina
• Work in accordance with production work instructions and/or verbal instructions to effectively perform operations and to ensure manufacture of products, which conform to TS16949, ISO14001, Ford Q1 and customer quality standards..
• Check part dimensions with the use of various types of measuring equipment including but not limited to gauges, calipers, etc..
• Visually check for defects in parts.
• Must be able to learn how to/complete minor machine adjustments.
• Perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines.
• Complete daily production totals paperwork and OEE boards.
• Attend daily pre-shift meetings.
• Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment.
• Perform all assignments safely, including such tasks as lifting properly, wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), and following all safety policies and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area utilizing the 6S policy in regards to policies, procedures, and daily activities.
• Suggest and assist with implementing continuous improvement programs.
• High school diploma or equivalent (applicants will be expected to provide verification)
• Ability to read and understand basic work instructions
• Ability to do basic math
• Ability to follow instructions and work procedures
• Ability to fill-out necessary paperwork, including quality check sheets
• Must possess general mechanical aptitude (i.e. the ability to do/learn how to perform basic machine adjustments to ensure quality parts
• Strong work ethics
• Exceptional attendance record
At least 2+ years of prior manufacturing/industrial experience
Overhead Crane experience
Industrial Machine Operation and troubleshooting
While performing the duties of this position, the associate is required to stand and/or walk for long periods of time. Associates are required to use their hands to hold and feel objects as well as to run machines and handle various types of tools and equipment. Associates must be able to lift up to 35 pounds repetitively.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.