City of Charleston Human Resources Specialist (Recruitment) in Charleston, South Carolina
We are looking for a Human Resources Specialist to join the City of Charleston’s Department of Human Resources and Organizational Development team in the Recruitment section. Supporting the City’s staff of approximately 1800 employees, you will be an integral and frontline part of our employees’ full recruitment cycle from applications to onboarding all new employees, overseeing new hire files from pre-employment to orientation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In this position, you will:
- Extend job offers to all new hires
- Send out all pre-employment documents to new hires, including background checks, drug testing, physicals, and TB test
- Quality check all new hire files for required documents
- Check professional references for new hires
- Create orientation documents specific to job title, pay, etc.
- Set-up orientation room biweekly
- Collect signed and completed recruitment documents during orientation
- Scan recruitment documents into an electronic filing system
- Oversee tuition reimbursement program
- Provide support to other HR teams during peak busy times, assisting the Benefits, and Wellness teams as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned - may require evenings, weekends, and holidays as scheduled
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field
- No experience is required, though 1 year of experience in an office setting is preferred
- Experience with data entry in a professional setting
- Experience with full recruitment cycle
The City of Charleston offers an extensive benefits package, including: health, dental and vision insurance; employer-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance program; annual and sick leave; 10 paid holidays and 1 personal holiday every year; tuition reimbursement; participates with SC Retirement System; 401k and 457 plan options; and many other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.charleston-sc.gov/1562/Benefits.
Branch: City Office
Division: Human Resources & Org. Dev.
Location: Charleston, SC
Closes On: April 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Department: Human Resources
Rate of Pay: $33,894.79 - $36,267.43