Sinclair Broadcast Group Newscast Producer in Charleston, South Carolina
WCIV in Charleston, SC is looking for a creative and dynamic producer who doesn't just stack a show. In this role, you will be responsible for the day-to-day production of our newscasts and other special projects. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, Assignment Desk and Anchors on the newscast and its content. You will also be responsible for gathering content for your newscast which includes making calls to confirm information. In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and develop content for our web site. You will also be responsible for boothing and timing the newscast.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Solid news judgment
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multitask and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least some previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station, although the right entry-level candidate may be considered
• A journalism degree is preferred
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you!
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Also, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, our own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open-door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.