Mahle Production Supervisor in Charleston, South Carolina
We like it when our employees have goals. What about you? Are you ready to grow with your challenges? MAHLE is a leading international development partner and supplier to the automotive industry as well as a pioneer for the mobility of the future. With our product portfolio we address all the crucial issues relating to the powertrain and air conditioning technology—both for drives with combustion engines and for e-mobility. Today, some 78.000 employees work on innovative products at 170 production locations and 16 major development centers.
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- Responsible for the day to day management, counseling, disciplining, and coaching of personnel within assigned area. This includes driving the output and activities of the assigned cells and work areas as well as other priorities as set forth by the Production Manager.
- Report staffing shortages to Production Manager which may cause loss in productivity or output.
- Organize associates on shift to achieve output, quality and safety goals.
- Timely completion of shift-end reports and other documentation as required.
- Maintain a safe, clean work area and follow all established safety guidelines, ensuring conformance with OSHA.
- Resolve any quality issues when appropriate, elevating issue to Production Manager when necessary.
- Make certain area and personnel are adhering to QS 9000, TS 16949, and ISO 14001 standards.
- Ensure that Team Leader orders all materials to prevent production interruptions for current and oncoming shifts. Function as a backup to the Team Leader, ordering materials when necessary.
- Utilize equipment to prevent downtime thereby attaining productivity and quality goals.
- Practice Continuous Improvement and BPS standards and principles including 2-container principle, 5-S, cell organization, housekeeping, etc.
- Ensure all set-ups and changeovers are performed efficiently and effectively.
- Support training initiatives driven by Production Manager.
- Participate in and often lead CIP efforts in plant.
- Meet shift build plans.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Production Manager.
Impress us – with your professional and personal skills.
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of industrial experience with a minimum of one year of supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with Metric system and tight tolerances (0.01mm).
- Ability to troubleshoot/repair/improve tooling and machine set-ups.
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of BEHR Production Systems such as work instructions, preventive maintenance, and OEE is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and work with little to no supervision required.
- Personal computer skills in MS Office a plus.
- Previous experience in heat exchanger manufacturing processes is favored.
- PLC/Electrical knowledge is preferred.
We offer you excellent opportunities for growth and development, tailored specifically for you. We ensure this through regular meetings focused on feedback and a diverse training program. We value outstanding performance. That’s why our goal is to work with you on a long-term basis. We not only encourage you to reach your potential, we also offer performance-based pay and flexible working options for your different stages of life. Go your path – with us.
Ms. Amber Paugh is available to answer any questions at email@example.com.
EOE/AA including Veterans and Disabled