City of Charleston Stormwater Development Manager (Civil Engineer) in Charleston, South Carolina
People all over the world come to visit and be a part of our unique city. Charleston is a rapidly growing, and history rich coastal city with great opportunity. We rely on our employees to maintain this reputation, and as a part of the City of Charleston, you can help answer today’s problems while preparing for a successful future.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our Stormwater Management team as our Stormwater Development Manager. With Charleston being a coastal city, you will be an important part of preserving and managing our City’s infrastructure. From the historic Downtown to new developments, you and the rest of our team will share responsibility for managing all development aspects of stormwater throughout the City.
In this position, you will learn to:
- Manage and perform reviews of complex plans and calculations for new development, redevelopment, and infrastructure projects to ensure conformance with applicable design specifications, City policy, and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Train and provide technical expertise and oversight for division plan review engineers and inspectors.
- Manage procurement, contract administration, and work product for consultant support of plan review activities and other projects.
- Prepare a wide variety of drainage plans, maps, power point presentations, and other illustrative materials.
- Manage documentation in support of the Stormwater Management Program including maintaining databases and generating reports.
- Address potential conflicts with existing infrastructure and performing physical site assessments and specification requirements for public and private projects.
- Represent the City in coordination with State and other organizations for interagency enforcement of stormwater management requirements associated with City permits.
- Interact with the general public and contractors on drainage and development issues.
- Attend meetings and public hearings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Intheeventof majorstormsorother emergencysituations, thisposition maybe subject to 24-hourshiftsoranyother emergencyschedulethatisnecessarytomeet theCity’sneeds.
Mayrequireevenings, weekends,andholidaysas scheduled.
- B.S. or higher from an ABET accredited college or university in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- At least 8 years of experience in civil, stormwater, or environmental engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of South Carolina, or registered in another state with the ability to become certified with SC within 6 months of hire
- Experience in stormwater management and permitting, especially if with a municipality
- Experience in hydrology and hydraulics for drainage/site design and stormwater management
- Experience withAutoCAD, ESRI GIS, ICPR, PondPack/Civil Storm, HEC-1, HYDRAFLOW, HydroCAD and/or SWWM software platforms
The City of Charleston offers an extensive benefits package, including: health, dental and vision insurance; employer-paid short and long term disability, life insurance, and employee assistance program; annual and sick leave; 10 paid holidays and 1 personal holiday every year; tuition reimbursement; participates with SC Retirement System; 401k and 457 plan options; and many other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.charleston-sc.gov/1562/Benefits.
Branch: City Office
Location: Charleston, SC
Closes On: April 30, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: $77,765 - $95,593