Leidos Weapons Safety Program Evaluator (Part-Time) in Charleston, South Carolina
The successful candidate for this position will serve as a part-time contractor who will work as part of a team to conduct weapons safety program evaluations for the military. These locations may include all 50 states and territories. The audits will normally be conducted on a weekly basis, with travel possible on Sunday or Monday and travel back to home location on Friday. Work may comprise up to 10 to 15 weeks per year. Individual must be professional and courteous in a team environment and be able to work well under limited supervision. Individual must be able to follow specific, detailed procedures and be able to review work for technical accuracy and adequacy. Individual must have a thorough understanding of all Weapons Safety Management Internal Control Toolset (MICT) checklists and AF explosive safety requirements.
LOCATION: Must live near a major U.S. airport.
Conducting weapons safety audits of military facilities.
Using regulatory knowledge of Air Force and DoD weapons safety regulations, while conducting audits to ensure correct deficiencies are written.
Identifying both positive and negative findings of weapons related operations.
Composing audit findings per client-driven media (database or other tool).
Having an understanding of Microsoft computer programs and database software.
Using teaching and directional tools to help educate and train personnel receiving the compliance audit.
Possessing an ability to clearly explain and brief findings to customers in a formal setting.
Perform quality assurance reviews and editing of written findings.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Must understand AF Explosive Safety Requirements.
• Must have graduated from the AF Weapons Safety Course (L3AZR2W071-000).
• Must have at least 5 years of experience as a Wing or Command level Weapons Safety Manager (WSM).
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to exercise considerable independent judgment in conducting weapons safety audits, inspections, and related field activities.
• Previous experience conducting weapons safety audits preferably with government agencies, specifically military branches. Must be computer literate with a capability to work in a team environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet.