SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Assistant / Assistant Branch Supervisor I - 112281 in Cherokee County, South Carolina
Do you enjoy working with people in a fast paced environment? Are you looking for the opportunity to grow and advance? If so, we may have the opportunity for you. At the SCDMV we have an immediate opening for a high energy, dynamic, and self-motivated person with a proven track record in leadership and customer service.
This position is located in the Gaffney DMV Branch Office in Gaffney, South Carolina. * *Responsibilities of the Assistant Branch Manager I
- Assist Branch Manager with management functions such as recruitment of branch staff, training and development of staff, meeting goals, supporting the agencies core values and developing action plans to improve operational controls and ensure consistent customer service.
- Assist with administrative work; complete agency reporting and performance analysis as required by management.
- In manager’s absence, coordinates functions and daily operational issues through communication with Regional Manager.
- Defines the service standards and the operational mission of the branch, communicates it to the employees and monitors activities in order to meet the goals of the branch office.
- Proactively reviews daily staffing levels to insure level of coverage sufficient to provide quality customer service
- Reviews inventory on a regular basis to ensure accuracy. Completes and processes necessary reports and paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide frontline leadership and ensure customer inquiries are handled in a professional and timely manner in accordance with defined goals and processes.
Other job duties may include:
- Examine, accept, prepare and enter all documents required in issuing drivers licenses, beginner permits and identification cards for all classes including original, duplicate, transfers, temporary and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, handicap placards, golf cart permits and/or titles.
- Process motor vehicle registration requests, research suspension inquiries and modify registration credentials as needed.
- Administer knowledge test for all classes to include CDL. Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements
- A high school diploma and work experience that is directly related to the area of employment. A bachelor's degree may be substituted for the related work experience.
- Must complete a nationwide criminal background check to include finger prints prior to being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests.
- Able to complete and pass the Examiner trainer course and examination.
- Demonstrated ability to retain DMV policies and procedures and apply them to your daily specified tasks.
- Must attend required training. Training will consist of (4) days in Blythewood. All Assistant Branch Supervisor I's must successfully complete four assessments with a score of 80% or better on each assessment. Any employee that scores below 80% on any assessment will be terminated from their position for failure to successfully complete the training requirements.
What’s in it for you?
At the SCDMV you get to be part of exceptional team and diverse culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
*The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers an exceptional benefits package for full time employees (FTE) employees. *
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse and children (also available for temporary employees working over 20 hours per week)
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs (optional for Temporary Employees) *So what are you waiting for? *Come be a part of a remarkable team within a growing agency that is always striving to improve the customer experience! Additional Comments
The Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history.
Salary: $27,527.00 - $50,930.00 Annually
Location: Cherokee County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 112281
Closing: 4/14/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Class Code: AA75
Position Number: 60031608
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday - Friday 8:15 A.M. - 5:15 P.M.
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $31,008.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $34,936.00
Opening Date: 04/07/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: You must apply on-line at www.careers.sc.gov. Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. April 14, 2021. Follow the status of your application on-line. You will be notified of scheduled interviews and also the final disposition of the job.
Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
Address: P.O. Box 1498 Blythewood, South Carolina, 29016