LifePoint Health Clinical Data Analyst 5522 in Columbia, South Carolina
Providence Healthis currently looking for an experienced Clinical Data Analayst RN to join our Quality Team.
Responsible for the abstraction of and analysis and validation of clinical data involving patient safety, clinical quality, and volume surrounding specific clinical programs and entering the data into required data bases. Responsible to develop and generate outcomes reports and disseminate reports to appropriate individuals. Acts as an educational resource for members of the healthcare team using the data for improvements. The clinical data analyst members support one another on the clinical data team and the Medical Staff.
- Abstract data from medical records using approved screening criteria.
- Enters data into designated national databases.
- Responsible for remaining current on changes to definitions and data elements in the national databases.
- Ensures data is collected accurately and timely. Identifies problem trends that need further investigation.
- Runs data for completeness and threshold reports for the system quality validation.
- Collaborates with physicians and hospital department leaders on advance data needs including spreadsheet presentations and advanced written and electronic communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum of 5 years recent experience in an acute care hospital; preferably in CV Services.
Successful experience with data abstraction in acute hospital electronic health record for core measures and cardiovascular data is required.
Demonstrated excellent computer skill required and skills to develop spreadsheets and presentations to medical staff departments.
Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills; strong collaborative skills.
BSN and current SC Nursing License. Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration is an asset.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health
Title: Clinical Data Analyst 5522
Requisition ID: 7477-5522