Newell Brands Director of Treasury in Columbia, South Carolina
Position Title: Director of Treasury
Reports to: VP, Finance
Location: Columbia, SC
Provide leadership to the Treasurer in defining and executing the strategic objectives domestically and internationally.
• Provide leadership, oversight and support in the various broad treasury activities:
• Direct banking relationships and credit facilities to ensure adequate liquidity is available at the most attractive terms.
• Provide guidance, feedback and developmental support to grow Treasury talent and capability across the Global Finance organization.
• Lead short and medium-term cash forecasting process and analysis to ensure visibility, predictability and access to global liquidity.
• Maintain relationships with service providers, including banks, brokers, money managers and rating agencies.
• Oversee the Company’s liquidity position, including planning and execution of investment and borrowing strategies.
• Oversee and manage currency risk management program, including exposure identification and determination of hedging strategies
• Identify liquidity opportunities and develop strategies to enhance liquidity while reducing the overall cost.
• Evaluate new opportunities to improve financing flexibility and diversification of funding sources.
• Negotiate and structure financing transactions with outside sources and establish policies and procedures in order to support company’s capital structure objectives.
• Evaluate and negotiate debt financings to fund the Company’s growth and maintain compliance with debt covenants.
• Evaluate and implement solutions to finance capital expenditures.
• Work with Tax and Finance to evaluate, implement and maintain capital structures for the Company’s subsidiaries that meet business, tax and regulatory objectives and requirements.
• Evaluate, negotiate and maintain financing for international subsidiaries that fits with the identified capital structure objectives.
• Advise business units on financing matters, including but not limited to leases and supply chain finance solutions.
• Support strategic finance initiatives as needed including rating agency presentations, M&A, and financings.
• Assist the CFO in projects and analysis, including senior management and Board recommendations and presentations.
• Work closely with Senior Management with respect to deal structure, negotiations, and execution.
• Support M&A transactions from due diligence through integration.
• Develop or revise policies and procedures related to functional responsibilities.
• Manage or participate in ad-hoc special projects related to all areas of treasury.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or economics.
• Previous leadership experience of professionals.
• Certified Treasury Professional (CTP), CFA, and/or MBA are preferred.
• 10+ years Treasury and Finance with relevant experience and developing leadership positions.
• Capital planning, liquidity, capital markets, and funding experience at a Fortune 500 global multinational.
• Excellent presentation and communication.
• Excellent ability needed to multi-task.
• Quantitative analytical skills and attention to detail.
• Business and financial acumen. Organizational and leadership skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills, including delivering presentations to Executive level leadership.
• Ability to lead collaboratively across functional/organizational boundaries.
• Keen ability to patiently navigate a complex global company.
• Impeccable integrity; words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic.
• Exceptional communication skills; experience in effectively interacting with senior executives and line management at all levels. Credible, persuasive and clear in both oral and written presentations.
• Effective interpersonal skills; must be able to relate to, influence, and work cross-functionally with a wide variety of professionals globally.
• Exhibits a high level of commitment to successful completion of tasks, and enjoys engaging in strategic discussions about capital markets treasury best practices.
• A leader accustomed to a high performance fast paced culture in an open and friendly environment.
• A humble individual with a diplomatic and intuitive management style.
• A leader who fosters a high level of collaboration, is inclusive and empowering to the team.
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Jostens, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.