J&J Family of Companies Director, Supply Chain Data Management Global Operations in Columbia, South Carolina
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Director, Supply Chain Data Management Global Operations, Consumer located in the United States or EMEA near any J&J Consumer site.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
We are thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This position has responsibility for leading the Supply Chain Data Management (SCDM), Global Operation Team in support of Global Consumer. Team is responsible for the implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of the SCDM Operations Framework, data operations, and projects.
• Define, implement, and maintain an approach to create a high performance team
• Manage a team of 45+employees and 20+ external consultants
• Optimize the balance of a regionally focused team against the benefits of a highly leveraged global team approach
• Define, deploy, and monitor a Stakeholder Management protocol that will improve the identification, speed to market, and achievement of a best in class global data management operations
• Oversee the production and maintenance of Supply Chain data
• Develop and utilize operational dashboards to establish baselines, define SLAs, monitor performance, provide transparency, and identify opportunities for improvement. Lead the development and execution of a supporting stakeholder management program.
• Develop and implement a continuous improvement program with the goal of improving performance, quality, cycle-time, cost, and engaged workforce.
• Conduct benchmarking to compare cost, cycle-time, performance, and quality to an external organization that is widely considered to be an industry standard or leading best practice. Use benchmarking to identify improvement areas and lead the implementation of remediation plans.
• Ensure proper protocols and adherence are in place to maximize the spend to value realization.
• Project portfolio management – Ensure all projects are aligned to the Supply Chain Data Management portfolio management protocol. Lead the team to execute all assigned projects in a controlled and transparent fashion. Proactively identify key dependencies and leverage opportunities.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required. Advanced degree is preferred.
• 10+ years of related experience in Supply Chain or Data Management.
• Must have a demonstrated track record in people management, stakeholder management, and operations management. Global experience.
• Lean, 6-Sigma, Continuous Improvement, or Process design experience preferred.
• Cross sector experience preferred.
• Strong understanding of operations and business factors relating to Supply Chain is required.
• Strong understanding of Change Management and the ability to develop leaders into Change Agents is required.
• Ability to manage and drive a high performance organization and to develop future supply chain leaders is required.
• Experience and understanding of both Data Management and Governance Competencies is required.
• Demonstrated ability to lead & get things done through influence versus line responsibility is required.
• Ability to train and coach peers, teams and change agents as required.
• Excellent communication and partnering skills with service oriented mind-set.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
• This position may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway-
Europe/Middle East/Africa, North America-United States
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)