Palmetto Health Durable Med Equipmt Coord in Columbia, South Carolina
This job functions as a durable medical equipment (DME) coordinator. Responsibilities center around managing the availability of medical equipment for patient use.
*All team members are responsible for bringing life to our Purpose Statement – Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference – through every action and every interaction at work. *
1) Monitors daily availability of all specialty equipment. Tracks all DME rentals and coordinates the return to vendor.
2) Communicates all equipment shortages/issues with Site Manager.
3) Monitors activity on missing DME components (cables, tubing, etc.)
4) Reviews all specialty bed and equipment rental bills.
5) Works with Clinical Engineering to monitor/coordinate equipment repairs.
6) Enters and discontinues patient charges for modules in system.
7) Coordinates code cart and all other specialty cart audits.
8) Functions as S&D Lead when needed.
9) Communicates with bed and DME rental representatives to resolve issues.
10) Communicates with nursing staff concerning any issues with durable medical equipment. Ensures that all durable medical equipment is properly cleaned.
11) Ensures S&D eye wash station stays in proper working order. Makes proper notification in eye wash station log. Performs other related duties as needed.
12) Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in a hospital supply setting preferred.
Special Training: Basic mathematics, reading comprehension, writing skills and computer system operations.