Ingersoll Rand Maintenance Supervisor in COLUMBIA, South Carolina
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for supervising employees as well as leading daily production operations and coordination activities of work teams. This role will work closely with other team leaders to provide resources, on-going work direction, decision making and problem solving to ensure the safe delivery of a quality product on time to the customer (internal and external).
- Facilitates total team performance by active team engagement at the operation.
- Executes the daily production schedule through the utilization of people, material, machine, and processes to meet customer requirements, schedule compliance, and cost objectives.
- Work with other Team Leaders and employees throughout the organization, cooperating to assure the production processes support the production plan and customer requirements.
- Assures appropriate quality checks, PM’s and audits are performed by operators to provide product and process quality
- Leads safety program in area of responsibility through example and positive communication, employee involvement, and recognition, maintain a clean and orderly work place utilizing 5S standards.
- Responsible for employee job training, employee performance, wage and contract administration, employee discipline, policies and procedures, attendance and vacation schedules, labor reporting, inventory accuracy, etc.
- Responsible scheduling and entering completed work in AMMS system.
- Promotes employee development through effective verbal and written communications, cross-training skills, and appropriate use of teams to support problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Complete corrective actions report on major problems areas
- Establish & Maintain Visual Factory Control: 1) Kanban 2) JIT 3) Standard Work
- Develop and implement improvements in the areas of throughput, cycle time and inventory reduction. Coordinate process problems that involve deviation from standard conditions.
- Identify & Support Employee Development and Training Needs
- Ensure Policy Compliance and apply fairly
- 2 years experience in a maintenance role in manufacturing.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Previous experience in a team leadership role strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in dealing with all levels of organization.
- Knowledge of operations, processes, equipment, and products, preferred but not required.
- Understanding of Lean Principles and Six Sigma application and usage
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: COLUMBIA-South Carolina
Job: Global Integrated Supply Chain
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Nov 8, 2018, 9:13:56 AM
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to hiring qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.