LifePoint Health RN - PACU (Northeast) (5678) in Columbia, South Carolina
Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by/quality//,compassion, andChrist/, Providence treats the whole person-/body, mind, and spirit/.
Providence Health is currently looking for an experiencedRN for our PACU unitat our Northeast Campus. This is aday shiftposition.
- Demonstrates the ability to make rapid, initial assessments of the patients' physical and psychological needs and reassesses at frequent intervals.
- Determines plan and implements care according to established assessment and physicians' orders
- Evaluates patients' physical and psychological response to nursing care and keeps physicians informed of patients' condition
- Demonstrates knowledge of airway management.
- Demonstrates ability to individualize patients' oxygen needs and initiates appropriate oxygen therapy accordingly.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of the intubated/ventilated patient.
- Possesses knowledge of arrhythmias and the general plan of treatment.
- Develops knowledge of and demonstrates proficiency and accuracy in all nursing procedures related to the care of the PACU patient
- Demonstrates proficiency in the care of patients with invasive line.
- Carries out appropriate actions safely and efficiently during emergency and/or stressful situations. Demonstrates knowledge of BLS/ACLS/PALS protocol.
- Administers medication according to hospital policy and procedure. Knows the dosage, effect and side effects of medication prior to administration.
- Transfers patients to other units in a timely manner. Calls report to receiving nurse and identifies equipment/supplies needed for post-op. Notifies RN of patient arrival on floor.
- Demonstrates the ability to set appropriate priorities and to organize work for the smooth, efficient delivery of patient care. Facilitates the overall, effective functioning of the PACU.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills in the management of patient care and in the guidance of other nursing staff in delivery of nursing care.
- Demonstrates Leadership skills in the overall function of the unit (i.e., reviewing OR schedule in advance, reviewing staffing schedule, flexing according to surgical flow).
- Accurately and efficiently utilizes Meditech for professional documentation related to the care of the post-op patient.
- Performs and documents equipment, drug and environmental checks as required by administration and regulatory agencies.
- Promotes and maintains patient/employee privacy and confidentiality.
- Performs nursing procedures safely, efficiently, and skillfully, according to hospital policies and procedures. This is to include point of care testing.
- Assists with the duties of the Peri-Operative Technician when this person is absent or busy (i.e., transportation, order entry, etc.).
Prior experience and knowledge in a PACU or Recovery unit
1 year of experience required.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Associate Degree in Nursing Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
Current license as a Registered Nurse from S.C.
Current BLS upon hire with American Heart Association.
ACLS/PALS required within 90 days of hire or unit transfer.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Organization: *Providence Health Northeast
Title: RN - PACU (Northeast) (5678)
Requisition ID: 7477-5678