The Walsh Group Survey Party Chief in Columbia, South Carolina
Archer United JV, a member of The Walsh Group is currently seeking a Survey Party Chief for the Region 1/I -26 project , in Columbia, SC/Irmo,SC .
The Survey Party Chief's Primary function is to provide and maintain consistent and reliable project horizontal and vertical control and guidance developed from the translation of project plans and documents in support of field production operations with the highest regard to safety and accuracy.
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
Challenging, complex projects
Creative and innovative problem solving environment
Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
Opportunities for growth, training, and development
Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Maintain a safe and professional work environment.
• Review and interpret contract drawings, survey requests, and schedules to properly provide the most effective and efficient survey layout (computational and operational) to production operations.
• Supervise and manage a survey crew responsible for providing construction surveying layout to field production operations performed with the highest regard for safety.
• Provide construction survey control and guidance to all of field production operations through the implementation of proper survey procedures, related quality control checks and efficient and consistent field reports.
• Communicate with production supervision to coordinate and ensure survey layout is adequate and complete for field operations.
• Provide detailed and organized survey information derived from as-built of existing field conditions, and quantity verifications.
• Maintain survey equipment (calibration, maintenance, and security), and vehicle service requirements. Make arrangements for repairs as required.
• Train and develop survey crew personnel for future advancement.
Minimum HS education and 3 years of experience in construction surveying and layout
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs; may be required to work in adverse weather conditions
Must be flexible to work early and late hours, any day of the week as required by the project schedule
Requires the ability to comply with all safety policies and procedures; communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors to ensure projects are completed properly
Possess a strong work ethic and desire to learn
Requires good manual dexterity; may be standing, bending, kneeling or sitting for long periods
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening
Preferred Experience & Skills:
Knowledge and experience of construction operations relating to surveying and construction staking. General knowledge of engineering principals and materials for civil/structure work standards.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, organized, and able to multi-task.
Construction plan reading, with attention to details, and ability to perform basic math and geometric calculations a requirement.
Knowledge of various Survey Instruments, Robotic Total Stations, and GPS RTK Rovers, including Trimble, Topcon, Leica & Digital Levels.
Basic computer skills in Microsoft excel, and Survey-oriented CAD software desired. Trimble Business Center, Carlson Software or AutoCad Civil. Able to produce models for machine control a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran
Job Locations US-SC-Columbia
Job ID 2021-5997