Schneider Electric Wastewater Technician in Columbia, South Carolina
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.
Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company!
Schneider Electric - Hopkins, South Carolina
What is a Chemical Waste Water Treatment Operator
Employee that cares about the environment and meeting environmental standards!
Opportunity? Yes! Be eligible to cross train for all departments! Grow your future with Schneider Electric!
Am I qualified?
You are qualified if you have a Class B or C Chemical Waste Water License.
What is the job?
- Operates and maintains industrial Wastewater Treatment Plant and troubleshoots as necessary to resolve issues.
- Monitor the performance of all equipment, gauges and charts in the treatment plant and lift station.
- Follows procedures regarding cleaning, equipment use, maintenance, calibration, and safe handling of chemicals.
- Collects samples and conducts the in-plant tests necessary to control and monitor treatment facility processes and operation
- Performs in-plant operational control tests and process calculations, using various analytical instruments and mathematical calculations.
- Records in-plant test results, various meter readings, gauge reading, flow quantities and other technical data.
- Add chemicals to treat water and other liquids.
- Perform confined space entries as required and follows other safety requirements such as lock out/tag out, wearing proper PPE for chemical handling, etc.
- Operate WWTP in accordance with the current permit requirements and parameters
- Maintain records and log book
- Troubleshoot all equipment in the Wastewater Treatment system and lift station.
- Complete sampling requirements and Chain of Custody thoroughly and accurately
- Inspect equipment or monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect malfunctions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years’ experience as Waste Water Treatment Operator.
- Assists with plant environmental programs such as stormwater, SPCC, air, and waste disposal.
- Assists with environmental training programs as requested.
- Current driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Strong communication skills including ability to actively listen and understand, ability to speak and write English clearly, and carry out written and oral instructions.
- Performs in-plant maintenance according to the schedules and procedures established for the facilities to which assigned. This includes cleaning, servicing, lubricating and repairing pumps,
- chemical feed equipment, and other mechanical devices regularly found in water, wastewater and industrial wastewater treatment facilities.
- Computer skills to complete reports and other documents maintained in MS Excel, Word, etc.
- Works overtime as required.
Powdercoat experience a plus.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: US-South Carolina-Columbia
Unposting Date: Dec 9, 2018, 12:59:00 PM
Req ID: 004VTJ