Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Commercial Vehicle Operator in Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Commercial Vehicle Operator
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
COMMERCIAL VEHICLE OPERATOR (USATC-18-1592-F):
Bowhead seeks a Commercial Vehicle Operator to transport passengers over specified routes to local or distant points to support the Logistics Readiness Center (LRC) at Fort. Jackson, SC. Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge and experience required
to hold the position as outlined below.
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to make repairs and change tires, may inspect bus and check gas, oil, and water before departure.
• Assist passengers with baggage, load or unload baggage or express checked by passengers in baggage compartment.
• Regulate heating, lighting, and ventilating systems for passenger comfort, comply with local traffic regulations, and report delays or accidents.
• Transport personnel between pickup points and destinations.
• Ability to drive diesel or electric powered transit bus to transport passengers over established routes. May have consistent daily route as a shuttle bus or may drive routes upon demand
This position could be 1st/2nd/3rd/Weekend Shift, with some personnel likely flexing between all of the above.
• High school Diploma or GED required
• South Carolina CDL required
• At least 2 years of experience driving with a CDL preferred
• A familiarity with the military is preferred but not required.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust Level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18792
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41