Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Personal Property Transportation Lead in Fort Jackson, South Carolina
Personal Property Transportation Lead
Full Time / Part-Time
No Travel Required
PERSONAL PROPERTY TRANSPORTATION ASSISTANT LEAD (USATC-18-1593-F):
Bowhead seeks a Personal Property Transportation Assistant to operate a multi-service Personal Property Processing Shipping Office in accordance with DoD 4500.9-R, Joint Travel Regulation (JTR), and other service-specific governing regulations in support of
the Logistics Readiness Center (LRC) at Fort. Jackson, SC. The Personal Property Assistant will provide information concerning personal property shipments, regulations and procedures to all military members and authorized DoD civilian members. Personal property
includes household goods, unaccompanied baggage, mobile homes, boats, privately-owned vehicles (POV), and non-temporary storage. The primary purpose for this position is to process all travel request for the depot. Successful candidate(s) must possess knowledge
and experience required to hold the position as outlined below.
Essential functions will include:
• Ability to provide courteous and efficient personal property movement services to include receiving shipment requests for movement, monitoring Defense Personal Property System (DPS) shipment ques daily, requesting required shipment documents, scanning, uploading
documents, greeting customers.
• Must be able provide courteous and efficient personal property movement services to include routing and booking shipments for movement, preparing and distributing documentation for all customers authorized Government shipment and storage of personal property,
and the preparation of shipping documents. Personal property includes household goods, unaccompanied baggage, mobile homes, boats, privately-owned vehicles (POV), and non-temporary storage.
• Arranging for shipment and/or storage of personal property, records and forms preparation, creation and submission of customer information into an electronic storage database, and processing and maintenance of electronic files.
• Provide specialized, expedited assistance to customers who receive short notice, emergency movement directives or who because of distance cannot return for additional processing.
• Ability to perform front office functions for all military and civilian Government employees within assigned AOR, such as outbound counseling, for DPM shipments, process personally procured moves and assist with claims.
• Must be able to provide counseling/briefings to customers (group or one on one) on personal property entitlements and responsibilities, prepare documentation to initiate and schedule personal property shipments, and answer customer questions and inquiries
in accordance with Joint Travel Regulation (JTR), Defense Transportation Regulation DoD 4500.9-R (DTR) Part IV, Personal Property Consignment Instruction Guide (PPCIG) and Service Supplements.
• High school Diploma or GED required
• Two (2) years of experience required
• Experience with the Defense Travel System highly preferred.
• A familiarity with the military is preferred but not required.
• Skill in operating a variety of office machines, calculator, copier, typewriter, personal computer, word processor, etc. A qualified typist is required. Skill in operating related equipment such as printers and modems may be required. Knowledge of automated
systems to use several types of software for various office needs.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing to clearly explain travel services, procedural requirements, travel accommodations, etc.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Public Trust Level (NACI). US Citizenship is a requirement for clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ CUT/PASTE this LINK to APPLY: https://bit.ly/2CEqIe5
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41