Honeywell Director User Experience Design in Fort Mill, South Carolina
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Join a fast-paced, global, and multidisciplinary design team that researches, designs, and delivers awesome hardware and software solutions as part of Honeywell's Safety & Productivity Solutions (SPS) group. SPS creates solutions serving more than 500 million workers worldwide in the energy, construction, first responder, transportation & logistics, retail, and healthcare sectors.
Deliver an end-to-end user experience across every user touch point for our SPS businesses, using well established human-centered design principles to ensure Honeywell products and applications are the most useful, usable and desirable products in the marketplace. You will lead experience design globally in Discovery and work closely with leaders to develop offering strategies, product road maps, design systems, and design languages. You will be the voice of Experience Design in strategic planning meetings, as well as serve as a decision maker at project reviews. As part of the HUE leadership team, you will contribute to growing our experience design competencies, and set creative direction with strategic design partners.
· Lead experience design globally
· Lead, coach, guide innovation and user experience initiatives
· Project leadership
· Best practice Sharing
· Manage people
· Roadmap definition for next generation strategies
· Collaboration with Peers
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors or Masters or equivalent qualification in User Experience or related.
· 7+ years of experience in User Experience Design of offerings.
· Experience working across multiple types of products and platforms.
· Expert in ideation, discovery, end to end experience, innovation, rapid prototyping techniques.
· Offering/product management experience from ideation through launch. Strong business acumen.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
· People-management experience in matrixed organizations.
· Proficient user experience design skills (customer journey map, experience diagramming, task analysis, workflow design)
· Graduate degree in user experience design or related discipline
· Outstanding user experience design portfolio or concepts and commercialized products
· Experience with observational user research, ethnography, insighting and synthesis
· Fluent with user experience and prototyping tools, e.g., Axure, Balsamiq, Visio, etc.
· Experience with user experience design trends, benchmarking, forecasting and concept creation
· Experience with leadership, project planning, scoping and execution in agile and phase-gate environments
· Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.