Honeywell General Manager - Services in Fort Mill, South Carolina
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
Honeywell is rapidly transforming into a Software Industrial company and we are developing and launching a comprehensive roadmap of critically connected industry-specific solutions that will generate an increasingly significant multi-Billion $ portion of the company’s revenue in the next 5 years. Over half of our engineers globally are developing software to augment our extensive and fast-growing connected technology and services portfolio using the Honeywell Sentience™ platform. We have heavily invested in recruiting the best talent in software development and data science and now need extraordinary Commercial Excellence expertise to further accelerate our commercialization plans and maintain customer success. Honeywell is committed to improving the world we live in by creating, supporting, and nurturing programs and initiatives that serve a global community and your hometown alike.
Honeywell Productivity Products:
Honeywell Productivity Products is a $1.3 Billion global business and part of Honeywell Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), a $6.5 billion strategic business group of Honeywell. Productivity Solutions & Services (PSS) is a global leader providing comprehensive solutions, in the areas of retail, transport & logistic, post & parcel, and distribution centres. PSS focuses on the key area of supply chain management by helping organizations improve customer experience, employee workflows, and reducing inventory handling and management costs. PSS supplies solutions across a wide portfolio of products including mobile computers, barcode scanners, printers, and RFID solutions, connecting the workforce and delivering real time data and analytics that drive business efficiencies.
Scope and Responsibilities:
The General Manager (GM) Services will establish global business plans for the $165M Revenue Services and Enterprise Mobility businesses of PSS and achieve revenue and profitability objectives, including sales, operating income, and cash. The GM with 6 direct reports will drive key metrics including services contracts renewal, operating expense reduction, productivity improvement, and predictable expensing for system uptime. S/He will also ensure a safe and engaged workforce and customer satisfaction, in collaboration with a cross functional team.
· Provide technical thought leadership to position PSS organization as a foremost technology solutions and managed Services provider. Develop end to end Managed Services solutions for key vertical markets encompassing product development/customizations, project management execution, and technical support.
· Own the Global P&L for PSS’ Services and Enterprise Mobility and drive financial performance globally in close partnership with Regional Leaders. Define and deliver recurring revenue vision, strategic plan, and growth. Full responsibility for revenue and margins.
· Improve financial efficiencies, control costs and maximize productivity through the implementation of effective methods and standard processes/tools. Manage working capital in accounts receivable and inventory.
· Grow the business and ensure financial success. Lead growth initiatives that maintain or achieve a leading position in each vertical and geographical market with an appropriate product, pricing and channel strategy. Identify new market spaces, adjacencies and apply innovative financial models to enable business and revenue growth, including recurring revenue model [Labels as a Service (Laas), SaaS, and WaaS]. Responsible for major services contracts across strategic accounts, channels, and partners. Ensure cross-functional coordination between Sales, Project Operations and Manufacturing for business to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue commitments.
· Bring structure to the business encompassing product, resources and operating rhythm. Ensure the smooth, effective operation of multiple concurrent projects targeting a diverse client base. Implement best practice project management processes and utilize outcome driven analytics to optimize project deployment initiatives. Develop and manage a highly effective Management Operating System (MOS) to ensure compliance and evaluate business risk.
· Enhance customer relations, be passionate about client satisfaction, and engage in high-priority interactions with clients to drive strategic partnerships.
· Enhance the talent level of the team. Lead the talent strategy for the Services and Enterprise Mobility businesses including the Management Resource Review (MRR), performance management, and talent development/recruitment processes. Lead all people-related strategies to include fostering effective teams and employee engagement, leading succession and talent development, raising the bar for ongoing superior performance.
· Work closely with the VP Solutions to effectively support the delivery of the STRAP and AOP commitments.
· Bachelor’s degree
· An Advanced Degree or MBA
· 5+ Years Managing direct reports
· 5+ years of experience in services (advisory, professional, field, and/or managed services)
· Management experience in matrixed organizations, with proven ability to influence across businesses, functions and regions to build deep collaborative relationships.
· Track record of business leadership experience including P&L accountability.
· Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence in cross cultural environments.
· Experience driving Breakthrough Initiatives
· Entrepreneur skills with record of exceeding objectives
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.