Continental Corporation RDC Coordinator - Regional Distribution Center Coordinator in Ft. Mill, South Carolina
RDC Coordinator - Regional Distribution Center Coordinator
Ft. Mill, SC
Manage and support all aspects of 3PL warehouse transportation and operations consistent with Continental Tires customer service and financial goals.
Align, lead, and improve processes and operations to optimize 3PL Warehouse operations to ensure defined processes to handle and operate the RDC operations deliver cost, quality and service requirements of the Sales organization to meet unit/ton and financial targets.
Leading the organization to:
• Align 3PL operations to deliver against key performance indicators to meet company objectives
• Optimize and define the operational excellence model to ensure consistent quality performance
• Enhance the productivity and performance of 3PL warehouse operations
• Create an atmosphere of partnership and alignment with 3PL operations service providers through daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly
• Review processes that foster a continuous improvement environment that strives for world class operations
• Manage transportation budgets and agreements with the 3PL warehouses.
• Manage outside warehousing relationships including evaluating 3PL transportation coordination and warehouse operations.
• Support selection process and quantity needed for 3PL warehouse space.
• Manage resolution of service challenges with 3PL suppliers.
• Support internal shipping locations as needed for transportation coordination back-up, training and problem resolution.
• Develop performance standards, standard operating procedures, training and KPI’s to develop and ensure consistency across the 3PL warehousing network
• Develop strong working relationships, shipping processes with 3PL transportation coordinators.
• Monitor and audit 3PL warehouse billing and payment process to ensure accuracy of spend.
• Establish and monitor key transportation performance indicators (KPI’s) for 3PL operations.
• Lead weekly/monthly 3PL team calls and participate in weekly and monthly operating reviews related to 3PL operations
• Ensure 3PL transportation coordinators are properly trained in using transportation shipment systems.
• Guide and instruct 3PL transportation teams to ensure highest quality of job performance
• Assist in the procurement process to ensure site operational, equipment, and service needs are met
• Optimize 3 PL carrier selection, equipment utilization, and freight savings goals as established in the annual transportation procurement bid
• Make carrier and operational changes as needed to meet company objectives
• Administer freight damage & overcharge claims involving 3PL warehouse operations
• Ensure all monthly sales (cases and tons) are shipped from the 3PL warehouses by month end
• Provide support for customer service and sales departments by following up on customer transportation related questions or concerns
• Assist sales department in the implementation of transportation programs involving 3PL warehouses needed to maintain competitive market position and customer service
• Quarterly travel required to oversee 3PLs.
• Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Supply Chain or related field
• 5 years of experience in logistics
• Experience with and understanding of all aspects of warehousing operations including transportation/distribution
• P&L management experience
• Proven track record of cost reduction and productivity gains
• Proficient in MS Office Suite
• 3 years of experience in logistics with responsibility for a national scope 3PL warehouse and distribution system
• Deep understanding of all aspects of 3PL distribution warehouse industry operations
• Strong understanding of financial concepts related to project evaluation, budget plans, financial forecasting, return on investment, and cost accounting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience utilizing warehouse management systems technology
• Previous experience using ERP/MRP
• Proven leadership skills including organizational, planning, problem solving and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced production environment
• Experience implementing continuous improvement programs
• Ability to develop and maintain positive customer relationships
• Inventory control management
• Workflow and process driven
• Develop, implement, and manage KPI’s
• Ability to work on multiple tasks at once
*This position will not offer relocation or visa sponsorship. *
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Tire division has 24 production and development locations worldwide. As one of the leading tire manufacturers with around 54,000 employees, the division posted sales of €11.3 billion in 2017. Continental ranks among the technology leaders in tire production and offers a broad product range for passenger cars, commercial vehicles and two-wheelers. Through continuous investment in R&D, Continental makes a major contribution to safe, cost-effective and ecologically efficient mobility. The Tire division’s portfolio includes services for the tire trade and for fleet applications, as well as digital management systems for commercial vehicle tires.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.