SC Department of Public Safety Lieutenant (#012091) Perry Correctional Institution, Pelzer (GREENVILLE) Level 3 in Greenville County, South Carolina
- Under general supervision, plans, coordinates and directs the actions of the security staff and oversees security, custody and control of inmates in assigned unit(s) of a medium/maximum security facility.
- Assumes primary responsibility for security for all buildings and public property.
- Makes routine checks of the unit(s) to ensure subordinate staff are performing their duties properly and safely, and that cleanliness and OSHA standards are maintained.
- Assists with all inmate counts for accuracy.
- Investigates complaints and violations; arbitrates disputes among inmate population and correctional staff.
**Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 ** Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina minimum requirements: A high school diploma and supervisory experience in Correctional, Security or Police work. A Bachelor's degree in Human Services or Criminal Justice field may substitute for the required supervisory experieince. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State of Human Resources).
SCDC minimum requirements:
- Three (3) yearsexperience in Correctional Security or Police work;
- One (1) year of correctional supervisory experience.
Must be certified by the South Carolina Department of Corrections Training Academy and successfully complete the Basic Supervisory Course within six (6) months of entry into the position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $34,840.00 - $44,994.00 Annually
Location: Greenville County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 012091
Closing: 9/29/2020 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: JD40
Position Number: 012091
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $34,840.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $44,994.00
Opening Date: 09/15/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: NOTE: This position is recruited through NEOGOV only. You must apply online via the South Carolina Department of Corrections Career website: www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 or Employment@doc.state.sc.us
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Hours/Weekly: 40.00 Shift Schedule: D2 Work Time: 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM Shift/hours subject to change to meet the needs of the insititution.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210