Lockheed Martin Aircraft Back Shop Branch Manager, F-16 Program in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team as an Aircraft Back Shop Branch Manager in support of the Iraq F-16 program at Balad AB, Iraq. Note: The selected candidate will not have to relocate to Greenville, SC, but will deploy from their current location.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all I-level, extended I-level or O-level maintenance activities assigned to the Equipment Maintenance Branch and Component Maintenance Branch.
• Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Provide liaison between the customer, Site Manager and others for all functional area related activities outlined above
• Provide day-to-day direction to applicable functional area personnel; setting priorities and providing oversight and advice in a cooperative team effort
• Serve as the time and attendance monitor and responsible for accurate time accounting for all functional area personnel.
• Keep the Site Manager, technical services, and in-house technical support advised on unit activities, problems and changes via daily maintenance production meetings, Weekly Activity Reports and Field Service Reports
• Maintain accurate files and records; prepare detailed reports advising the company of action taken in accordance with necessity and precedent
• Work with all members of the team to solve customer concerns, questions, and problems. Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with peers, supervisors and other work centers and to work collaboratively with other organizations to accomplish goals.
• Skilled in change management, conflict resolution and continuous improvement initiatives
• Must be a US Citizen and must possess at least US Interim Secret Clearance prior to starting.
• Location can be environmentally harsh and work conditions can be physically challenging; must be able to participate in activities including frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Experience with fighter aircraft and systems within the last 5 years.
• USAF skill (7) level or equivalent in aircraft maintenance
• At least 5 years leadership experience with large, dynamic teams
• Experience with fleet management activities and metrics from planned maintenance events to flying schedule execution
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically, Excel)
• Demonstrated experience in managing organizational/intermediate level aircraft maintenance operations and support.
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• F-16 aircraft maintenance experience
• Have strong communications and interpersonal skills
• Experience working with foreign nationals in deployed locations
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.