Lockheed Martin Associate Manager, Tooling Services in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
Our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Lockheed Martin Aeronautics team to be responsible for managing the Tooling Services organization the Greenville, South Carolina Site Operations supporting aircraft Maintenance, Modification, Repair and Overhaul (MMRO) and Production activities.
Primary departmental roles & responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Managing the acquisition, identification and tracking of tools and aircraft support equipment.
• Planning and managing the site wide inventory of all tooling assets.
• Collaborating with subject matter expert (SME) artisans, manufacturing engineers, planning department, program office and quality department to define tooling requirements.
• Developing and implementing process improvements for tooling services.
• Designing the layout of facilities and determining personnel requirements for the tooling services team.
• Providing tooling services for standard tooling.
• Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) oversight documentation.
• Writes policies and procedures governing areas of responsibility.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Discover more about Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
• 4 years tooling services experience in Manufacturing or MMRO Operations
• Leadership experience in Manufacturing or MMRO
• Advanced MS Excel and MS Powerpoint skills
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Aviation Sustainment and/or Production experience
• Experience writing policies and procedures
• Green Belt Certified or equivalent
• Aviation experience
• Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
• Demonstrated ability to work with multiple levels of management, industry peers, diverse workforce in addition to internal and external customers
• Ability to think strategically with a lean focus
• Ability to develop and manage budgets
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.