Lockheed Martin C-130J Avionics Technician in Greenville, South Carolina
Description: Position is in Iraq; C-130J Avionics specialist; this position is for a highly motivated person to be responsible for performing daily organizational level maintenance in accordance with Iraq’s owned USAF/LM technical data and directives; render technical assistance to Iraqi personnel in the assembly, operation, service repair and modification of the C-130; investigate, provide advice, and report on the disposition of difficulties arising in the IqAF operation of aircraft equipment in service; conduct informal On-the-Job Training (OJT) to Iraqi Air Force technicians in the repair, replacement and service of C-130 Avionics systems and in the performance of preventive maintenance. Reads and interprets technical data. Uses test equipment such as oscilloscopes, analyzers, and multi-meter’s and acts as a source of information to the IqAF within individual areas of expertise. Maintain a good working relationship with IqAF customer personnel and be aware of and respect cultural differences at the host location. As a member of this maintenance team, you will be able to pass along your knowledge and expertise, which will be instrumental to the IqAF’s ability to become a self-sufficient Air Force.
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years Avionics systems experience on heavy airlift aircraft such as C-130 variance
- A minimum of 2 years of C-130J avionics experience
- Must have held a Air Force 7-Level in Avionics system or equivalent i.e.. Navy Collateral, Duty, Quality, Assurance Repetitive (CDQAR)
- Must have a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft component troubleshooting and/or repair procedures and replacement of components, and a thorough knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Four or more years on C-130J
- C-130J DTADS/PMA operations knowledge and experience
- Seven (7) years of relevant training experience in military systems
- Experience in FMS environment
- Experience working in a Security Level 5 country such as Iraq and/or Afghanistan
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.