Lockheed Martin C-130J Multifunctional Field Service Engineer/Subject Matter Expert in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
This position will be assigned to a foreign customer location in Africa in support of the L-100J Aircraft. The position will be a Multi-skilled Field Service Engineer (MFSE) with a strong working knowledge across the aircraft in Maintenance Management System (Data Transfer and Diagnostic System (DTADS), Avionics/Electrical Systems, and Airframe/Powerplant/Mechanical Systems to advise & assist the customer on all matters pertaining to the daily maintenance, inspection, logistics and operation of the L-100J Aircraft.
Requires extensive broad aircraft knowledge to analyze aircraft maintenance and Data System problems and suggest improvements where indicated. Provide advice and assistance on the use and interpretation of L-100J technical orders, Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other related technical publications. Must be familiar with aircraft data download interpretation, use of Engineering System Interface Control Documents and Fault Isolation/ ACAWS algorithms for troubleshooting. Provide liaison through which information related to maintenance and operational problems can be quickly disseminated to operational and maintenance personnel. This position requires significant interface with customer and LM Aero personnel at all levels. Selected candidate must be proficient in computer software programs and tools to include MS Office and Excel. Travel within the continental United States will be required. Some aircraft system training will be provided to further strengthen aircraft systems knowledge.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access. Must pass Medical Physical after offer acceptance. Must possess a valid US passport to begin work.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
The following Basic Qualification are the skills that you must possess to be considered for this position:
• C-130J Aircraft systems operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair knowledge and experience
• Experience on C-130J Avionics and Electrical Systems
• Experience with USG and/or Foreign Military Customer Operational Sites
• Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
The following Desired Skills are not required, but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline
• Experience in troubleshooting, operation, modification and inspection methods relative to the installed mechanical systems and AE2100D3 Engines and propeller systems is a plus.
• Familiar with commercial aircraft operations and high tempo
• Holder of commercial certifications and licenses are a plus
• Above average organizational, administrative, an planning skills
• Planning and scheduling of the approved maintenance program for aircraft operations and maintenance
• Demonstrated experience with effectively interfacing with aircraft operators
• Work and communicate well in a team environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Learn quickly and work independently in a fast paced business tempo environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.