PruittHealth Hospice Medical Director in Greenville, South Carolina
Hospice Medical Director
To administer the medical component of the patient care program to assure quality of service; to serve as a consultant to the patient's primary physician and to the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team; to serve as a liaison to the medical community.
1. Attends weekly Interdisciplinary Team Meetings, and acts as a medical resource to the hospice team.
2. Is available for consultations with the Administrator concerning patient care situations and quality improvement.
3. Consults with a patient's primary care physician as requested.
4. Assists with the development and revision of Hospice Policies and Procedures in regards to the medical component of hospice services.
5. Participates in the Hospice Performance Improvement Program.
6. Functions to resolve conflict between hospice team and attending physician regarding patient care issues.
7. Provides community education about hospice and palliative care, serving as a Medical Liaison with physicians in the community.
8. Makes visits to hospice patients as indicated.
9. Assists in determination of patient medical eligibility for hospice services in accordance with hospice program policy.
10. Coordinating efforts of each attending physician to provide care in the event that the attending physician is unable to retain responsibility for patient care.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Participate in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
2. Attend and participate in continuing education programs to keep abreast of changes in the field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
3.Attend/participate in all mandatory in-services.
4. Honor patients'/families' rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, and right to voice complaints.
5. Comply with corporate compliance program.
6. Report job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and other issues as necessary.
7. Follow established safety regulations, to include fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
8. Follow established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
9. Perform other related duties as necessary and as directed by supervisor.
10. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
11. Knowledge about the medical aspects of caring for terminally ill patients and the psychological impact of terminal disease on a patient.
12. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
13. Ability to handle confidential matters.
14. Commitment to the Hospice concept and standards.
15. Ability to interact with a variety of different age groups.
16. Orientation to United Hospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assigned duties effectively.
17. Has never been shown by credible evidence to have abused, neglected, sexually assaulted, exploited, or deprived any person or to have subjected any person to serious injury as a result of intentional or grossly negligent misconduct as evidenced by and oral or written statement to this effect at the time of application.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
1. Current license topractice medicine in the states where the hospice office is located and thepatients live.
2. Board certified in ownspecialty area.
3. Minimum of three yearsexperience in medical practice.
4. Staff privileges at ahospital within the hospice’s licensed service area.
5. Hospice or home careexperience desirable.
6. Empathetic attitudetoward the care of the terminally ill and their families.
7. Understanding andcommitment to the mission of United Hospice.
8. Ability to listen.
9. Ability to documentservices rendered according to agency policy and procedures and to follow theCNA/PCA care plan.
10. Orientation to UnitedHospice and any other training that may be necessary to complete the assignedduties effectively.
11. Satisfactory results ofcriminal history check and Office of the Inspector General Sanction Check
12. Free from the illegaluse of drugs, and free from the use and effect of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Primary Location South Carolina-Greenville
Shift 1st Shift
Job Posting Mar 8, 2021, 7:31:14 AM
Req ID: 2102590
PruittHealth is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its personnel practices against its partners or qualified applicants for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin or because he or she is an individual with a disability or a protected veteran.