Schonberg Care Housekeeping in Greenville, South Carolina
BLURB & BENEFITS
Job Summary: Performs the day to day activities of the housekeeping department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards and as may be directed by the Director of Maintenance and/or the Executive Director, to ensure that the community is maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner. Maintains role as resident advocate with a focus on the community’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
* Ensure that the community is clean, orderly, and in an attractive condition.
* Ensure that housekeeping work and cleaning schedules are followed.
* Clean all common areas in the community
* Clean resident rooms and bathrooms, including but not limited to, dusting, vacuuming,and
making beds according to schedule.
* Familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets for all housekeeping chemicals and cleaning supplies.
* Attend training on an annual basis
* Comply with Residents’ Rights rules
* Ensure that equipment and work and supply carts, are properly cleaned and stored
* Any other tasks, assignments, projects, or requests as deemed by management.
* Attend and participate in orientation, training, in-service educational activities and staff meetings and participates and assist in departmental studies and projects as assigned.
* Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
* Reports all accidents and incidents immediately to supervisor
* Notifies nurse of changes in resident’s condition
* Treats residents and their families with respect and dignity.
* Maintains resident’s confidentiality
* Functions as a resident advocate by protecting the resident’s rights.
* Demonstrates creativity in solving problems and looking at situations in new and innovative ways.
* Interacts with residents, families, co-workers, managers and other departmental staff in a kind, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
* Participates in orientation of new housekeeping staff
* Demonstrates ability to remain calm in emergency and/or stressful situations and gives everyone a feeling of confidence that station is under control.
* Consistently follows the policies and procedures of the facility.
* Exhibits genuine interest in and appreciation of adults in later years of life.
* Is a motivated, independent individual who can organize workload so that all functions are completed appropriately.
* Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
* Completes annual education requirements.
* Maintains regulatory requirements.
* Maintains resident confidentiality at all times.
* Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within designated time.
* Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
* Completes inservices and returns in a timely fashion.
* Attends annual review and department inservices, as scheduled.
* Attends monthly staff meetings.
* Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
* Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
* Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
* Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
High School education preferred
Patience, tact, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward the elderly.
Must have upper body strength adequate to bend, lift, shift, move, and/or assist in moving articles of more than twenty-five pounds
Must be able to squat, reach, and stretch without distress. Must be able to tolerate extended periods of walking and standing.
Good physical and mental health, neat, clean, well groomed and responsible.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising resident care.