Lockheed Martin Industrial Engineer (Junior Level) in Greenville, South Carolina
Lockheed Martin Aeronautics. Be More Than You Can Imagine .
At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics our customers include both the U.S. Military and international governments and organizations. Our global reach and technical depth offer an endless amount of opportunities for up-and-coming engineers seeking a place to make their mark – or for seasoned engineers seeking their next career challenge. Join us and see where your Lockheed Martin Aeronautics journey will take you!
The Industrial Engineer (IE) role will be a Sustainment IE that analyzes sequence of operations, work flow, and manpower loading to improve efficiencies for Sustainment aircraft, mainly C-130s and F-16s, as well as possible stretch assignments at our Greenville Site Operations. Currently looking for an IE in each of the following areas:
- Backshop/Paint areas
- Base wide manpower analyst
Other responsibilities include:
• Studies and completes data analysis pertaining to sustainment performance, cost control, cost reduction, and other related production systems using tools like Microsoft Excel, Access, PowerPoint, OneNote, Project, or data analysis tools.
• On the basis of these studies, monitors the development and implementation changes to sustainment workflow, manpower changes, or changes to the schedule.
• Develops detailed work plans in collaboration with Operations Leadership team.
• Establishes methods for maximum utilization of sustainment personnel. Facilitates continuous improvement activities and other projects as required.
Must be a United States (US) citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
•Paid time off
•Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here.
Discover more about Lockheed Martin Aeronautics in Greenville, SC Discover Greenville.
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college with at least 2 years of Industrial Engineering-related experience.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint experience, specifically in creating, monitoring and reporting metrics related to cost and schedule.
• Experience developing resource loading plans, manpower scheduling or critical path methodology
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related discipline
• Excel Macros, Access database knowledge
• Experience with Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) or related ERP system
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation), particularly with Production Operations and Program Offices
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize assignments
• Experience in applications of learning curves
• Greenbelt Certified
• Aircraft Production, Maintenance, Modification, Repair and/or Overhaul Experience
• Earned Value Management (EVM), an understanding of Schedule Performance Index (SPI) and Cost Performance Index (CPI)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.