Aerotek Medical Laboratory Technician in Greenville, South Carolina
Seeking a MLT for the molecular department. Must have ASCP certification (or equivalent).
Description of Duties and Responsibilities by Department
• Receive specimens from hospital laboratory and doctors’ offices
• Check specimens for two identifiers
• Match specimen to requisition
• Receive specimen in Epic
• Performs clinical laboratory procedures in molecular lab
• Reports patient test results in the laboratory computer systems
• Monitors room and refrigerator temperatures
• Answers phones coming into the molecular department
• Operates and maintains laboratory equipment
• Ensures quality control of the testing
• Reviews results in a timely manner
• Keep a well-maintained and clean area at all times
• Supervisor will assign other duties as required
• Observe safety policies and practices at all times
• Adhere to all procedures and policies as set forth by Pathology Consultants, state or federal regulations
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.