WindStream Communications Spec II-ERC Elite Tech in Greenville, South Carolina
/Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority./
The Technician II positions will be responsible for providing support to our Elite customers. These Elite customers will primarily be our most profitable customers that purchase IP-based services but will also include independent Internet Service Providers and key enterprise customers (e.g.- state governments, large businesses, hospital/medical networks). Services supported include ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet Internet Access, TLS, VPN, MPLS, Metro-E, BGP routing, TDM voice, Voice, and Transport from Windstream.
· Answer Incoming Calls from our Customers, internal employees and external vendors.
· Trouble ticket ownership for assigned tickets including working the issue to resolution, communicating updates to the customer via outbound phone calls, emails, or a combination of the two as desired by the customer
· Responding to inbound calls from customers and frontline support teams to troubleshoot customer issues.
· Detailed documenting of all actions taken to resolve a customer’s trouble within trouble ticket(s)
- Essential Skills and Capabilities:*
· Understanding of the OSI model and associated methodology is used to form base knowledge for all job activities. Work focuses on troubleshooting layer 2 and 3 issues along with identifying issues at the physical. Certifications that relate to work performed and that will help build candidates towards this position: CCNA or JNCIA
· Troubleshooting customer TDM and VoIP issues from various legacy voice and soft switches including feature provisioning, translations, call routing, number portability and audio issues. Including but not limited to Lucent 5ESS, Nortel DMS, Genband, SONUS, Metaswitch and Broadsoft platforms
· Troubleshooting of managed CPE troubles on Cisco or Adtran routers
· The Windstream network is a multi-vendor core environment consisting of Cisco, Juniper, and Alcatel edge and core routers. Customer and network circuits are spread between multiple technologies: T1/T3 and Ethernet. Circuits are built out with devices from several vendors. Technicians need to be able to transfer knowledge between devices and apply same troubleshooting methods regardless of hardware vendor.
· Technician must understand multiple access levels within hardware devices and be able to issue commands via several different methods (telnet, SSH, RDP, GUI applications). A Level II Technician is expected to be able to connect to, look at, and troubleshoot in all edge and customer premise equipment. They are also required to be able to look at and verify configurations in devices along with making basic configuration changes.
· Technician must be able to multi-task via multiple circuit databases, ticketing systems, and remote access servers. A Level II Technician needs to be able build out and put on paper circuit designs based on information contained within multiple different circuit and support information databases.
· Ability to speak competently in regard to customer local networks is important. New Windstream products are providing completely hosted solutions where a Level II Technician will be the customer’s direct LAN support. Communication of complex technical situations to customers occurs on a regular basis and technicians need to be able to distill the issues down into understandable terms for proper referral to customer’s vendors. Technicians also need to be able to work with customer’s technical vendors and provide end of line support for issues identified to be caused by the customer’s LAN vs the Windstream network.
· Candidates must be available to work any shift within 7am EST to 10pm EST, 7 days a week
· Perform other duties as deemed necessary by management.
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 2 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or directly related telephony experience required.
Minimum Requirements:High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years experience with 4 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
Primary Location: *US-South Carolina-Greenville
Job Category: Customer Service
Requisition ID: 21000933
Other Locations: United States
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.