Cardinal Health Production Electrician - 2nd Shift in Greenwood, South Carolina
What Production Set-up & Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Sets up, aligns, monitors, and/or calibrates production equipment. Assists and may perform maintenance on machines and cleans up minor chemical spills in assigned area as well as glassware, ovens, and other equipment.
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must actively participate in current safety program and attend all scheduled safety meetings for department.
- Maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
- Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Repair, maintain, and install a wide variety of complex electrical and electronic equipment used to support the building and the manufacturing department with and/or without assistance and/or direction from others.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair electrical and electronic systems on complex production equipment. After completing, test and make necessary adjustments for proper operation before turning machine over to production.
- Will Layout and install new equipment, modifications, or upgrades.
- Work from verbal and/or written instructions, work orders.
- Utilize manuals, tables, and schematic drawings to perform job duties.
- Assemble, rebuild, or modify equipment under the direction of co-workers, supervisors, or engineering department and instruct operators and mechanics on the operation of equipment whereapplicable.
- Install, repair, and replace temperature controls, solid state controls, programmable logic controllers, HMI’s, MMI’s, position sensors, servo systems, AC and DC electrical motors and motor controllers, transformers, disconnects, and distribution panels.
- Use a variety of electrical diagnostic equipment to include oscilloscopes, meggers, digital and analog volt/ohm meters, ammeters, tachometers, computers and other test equipment specific to an area.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant and manufacturing electrical equipment following schedules and procedures.
- Attain a license in operating a forklift for the purpose of moving equipment and heavy parts.
- Record and process parts removed from the stockroom on the proper work order or stores log sheet.
- Maintain necessary records to include maintenance logs, time sheets, downtime logs, etc. using software packages such as Microsoft Word and/orExcel.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree in related field or equivalent experience (6 years) preferred
- 3+ years related work experience and/or training preferred
Minimum score of 60 on the Electrical Skills Testing Device
- Pass assessments in Mechanical Reasoning and Applied Technology
- Familiar with Allen/Bradley PLC hardware, for example: PLC 5, SLC 500 and Contrologix platforms, Micrologix controllers, Panel views, and software packages, for example: RSlogix 5, 500 and 5000, RSlinx, Drive tools, RSNetworx.
- Familiar with a variety of networks, for example: ControlNet, DH, DH+, Serial, RIO, Ethernet, Profibus
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.