Cosma International Material Handler - 2nd shift in Greer, South Carolina
Magna Mirrors is the automotive leader in mirror and visions systems. Capable of designing and manufacturing mirrors and vision systems for the global market. We are a company that has a culture of innovation at every level within the organization. And we have demonstrated that by winning two PACE awards. We have a high standard of quality that is recognized throughout the industry. In addition we give our employees the freedom to be autonomous in their career, so that they can be the best at what they do. With our decentralized approach we are able overcome the most difficult challenges that may arise.
Provide areas with specified product while maintaining proper paperwork for the materials. This includes informing supervisors of product concerns and being timely with assembly needs. Ensure a safe environment while operating machinery and abide by 5S standards.
- Follow work order/oral instructions of ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers.
- Load and unload materials onto or from trucks, pallets, racks, and shelves by hand, with HiLo/PIV or ladder.
- Transport materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Count, scan, weigh and record units of materials moved or handled.
- Attach and verify identifying material tags and packing slips/pick lists.
- Participate in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Complete operator check sheet on HiLo/PIVs and keeps HiLo/PIVs clean. Report issues to supervisor and do not operate equipment until repair is complete.
- Maintain 5S and housekeeping practices.
- Follow all safety rules including but not limited to: sounding horn at blind spots and intersections, no u-turns in the aisle, not stacking above 6 totes high, follow safety lifting guidelines, and no use of tugger or cart as a ladder.
- Report all incidences to your supervisor immediately.
- Understand your responsibility to the environmental programs, including ISO14001. Understand the EMS consequences, actual or potential, of their work activities and/or their behaviors from specified work instructions.
Knowledge and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential duties, satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to aid in the performance of these essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Industrial shipping/warehouse experience preferred
- Able to write routine production reports, tags and labels
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Ability to effectively interact with employees in a team environment
- Must have a powered industrial vehicle permit
- Ability to read and interpret a variety of written procedures, part numbers, part descriptions and operation instruction sheets
- Must be able to load and unload boxes and totes during entire shift.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift up to 35 lbs. during entire shift.
- Must be able to bend and stoop repeatedly during entire shift.
- Must be able to stand, step-on and off of tugger, and walk during entire shift.
Group: Magna Mechatronics & Mirrors
Division: Mirrors South Carolina (Lowell)
State/Province/County: South Carolina
Job Type: Regular