Fulcrum Network Engineer - Mid-level in Hahahan, South Carolina
Pivotal Performance – the convergence of people, processes, and technology to create positive change and mission success. At Fulcrum, we bring people, processes, and technology together to help our customers succeed in their missions. Currently, Fulcrum provides expert solutions in Advanced Technology, Research and Development Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence Analysis and Operations, Healthcare, and Mission Systems to a variety of customers across the Federal Civilian, Intelligence, Department of Defense, and Healthcare sectors.
Fulcrum is soliciting candidates with a healthcare IT engineering background to support planning, operations and oversight of the worldwide enterprise DoD Health IT enterprise. The enterprise covers engineering support in the areas of system engineering, enterprise infrastructure, enterprise network, network security, infrastructure engineering, infrastructure operations, cyber security, network operations, platform infrastructure engineering, systems testing, systems integration, as well as information assurance.
Provide functional and technical expertise supporting a wide range of DoD Business IT and Health IT systems. Systems will range from security systems, network systems, data center systems, clinical platform systems, data base systems, and business platform systems. Provide guidance and support to junior personnel involved with hardware and software administration, troubleshooting, configuration, patching, fixes, and updates.
- Twelve (12) years of hands-on experience with health IT projects supporting DoD hospital operations, to include three (3) of the following four (4) areas: Systems Requirements, Operational Requirements, Test & Evaluation, and Training
- Recognized expert who has demonstrated industry and public service leadership in health IT
- CompTIA Security+ or CCNA-Security, or higher certification
Note: Experience may be concurrent.
Additional Qualifications: Eight (8) years of experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Ability to plan and organize work and interact with technical and non-technical personnel translating user requirements into responsive applications
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of IA concepts and requirements
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of DOD military specifications and standards
- System design integration planning for multiple large-scale installations
- Hardware and software Evaluation
- Application and System Assessments, planning execution and management
- System requirements planning and oversight
- Technical development product milestone scheduling
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of FISMA and HIPAA IA requirements
- Information Security Management and Information Systems Audit
Note: Experience may be concurrent.
Education: Technical Training in Business Technology, Industrial and Engineering Technology, Science, or Mathematics
Physical Demands - The physical demands described here are representative of those that may need to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Fulcrum is an information technology (IT) company based in Centreville, Virginia, that provides IT solutions and services for federal, state, local, and commercial customers. Fulcrum specializes in the areas of Technology Services, Cyber Security, Intelligence, Analysis & Operations, Missions Systems, Health Care and Human Capital.
Fulcrum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
Job ID: 2018-1278
# of Openings: 1
Category: Information Technology
Type: Full Time