SC Department of Public Safety Registered Nurse II (Public/Prev Health/Family Planning/STD/HIV--Stephen's Crossroads Health Dept. in Horry County, South Carolina
Careers at DHEC:_ Work that makes a difference!_
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork, and Embracing Service
- Utilizes the nursing process to assess the health of clients including: a. Obtain pertinent subjective data to include history and risk assessment on both male and female clients. b. Perform a physical assessment on both male and female clients according to established guidelines.
- Develop and implement a plan of care based on client’s subjective and objective data to include history, lab results and clinical findings. a. Obtain referred tests per standing orders and/or policy. b. Obtain/perform stat lab tests per standing order and/or policy. c. Administer and/or dispense medications for treatment of sexually transmitted infections (STI) according to standing orders. d. Dispense barrier methods, as indicated. e. Dispense and/or administer contraceptive methods according to standing orders and/or per order of the MD/APRN. f. Administration of required/recommended immunizations according to standing orders. g. Provide education related to contraceptive methods, STI, HIV and treatment medications. h. Provide client centered counseling related to identified risk factors.
- Manage and assure timely follow-up of abnormal test results, including STI, HIV and Pap smears.
- Initiate referrals internally and externally as indicated.
- Participates in regional Continuous Quality Improvement activities.
- Participates in disaster preparedness during hazardous weather or declaration of emergency and is subject to duty and/or call on a 24-hour basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
*State Minimum Requirements: *Licensure as a registered nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. Some positions require a valid driver's license. Also, some positions require certification in Basic Life Support and/or Basic/Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
*Agency Additional Requirements: *Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and related nursing experience. A Bachelor of Science in Nursing and current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State Board of Nursing for South Carolina or a compact state. All new employees who are healthcare providers will be required to provide documentation of immunity or be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, varicella and Hepatitis B prior to beginning employment. DHEC employees are required to participate in disaster preparedness during hazardous weather or declaration of an emergency. This involves being subject to duty and or call on a 24-hour basis. You must possess a valid driver's license and have access to a reliable transportation. This position may require working early (before 8:30 am), evening (after 5:00 pm) and/or Saturday's. Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand for long periods of time. Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
One (1) year of nursing experience.
DRIVING RECORD: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Salary: $49,594.00 - $91,755.00 Annually
Location: Horry County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 61008127
Closing: 1/22/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: EA30
Position Number: 61008127
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 7
Hiring Range - Min.: $49,594.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $54,594.00
Opening Date: 12/31/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: If you meet the requirements of the position and would like to be considered, you must submit a state application online. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to determine if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position. The quality of the application presented (completeness and accuracy as well as grammar and spelling) will be considered prior to the offer of an interview. A criminal records check will be conducted prior to an offer of employment. Applications will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on the stated closing date.
Agency: State of South Carolina DHEC-PH Region-Pee Dee
Address: 145 E. Cheves Street Florence, South Carolina, 29506-2526