SC Department of Public Safety Revenue Officer in Horry County, South Carolina
The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) helps move South Carolina forward by collecting 95% of the state's General Fund. Committed to making compliance easy for taxpayers, and valuing excellence, collaboration, and professionalism, we work to be an innovative and trustworthy partner for taxpayers, businesses, and tax professionals. With excellent benefits and opportunities for training and advancement, we are dedicated to developing, retaining, and valuing a competent, productive, and diverse workforce.
- Under direct supervision responsible for the collection of debts due to the state and enforcement of tax laws.
- Collect/resolve debt and enforce tax laws in routine cases through research and taxpayer contact/follow-up, with a focus on the security of taxpayer data.
- Assist in prioritizing accounts in collection status by managing assigned case load and determining urgency using established selection criteria.
- Prepare/submit required reports, with guidance.
- Assist in providing taxpayer assistance in-person and by telephone to include:
- Provide basic assistance and refer taxpayers to use our free online tax portal (MyDORWAY)
- Process Business Tax Applications
- Filing basic returns (current and delinquent)
- Adjusting/issuing assessments and liens
- Writing cash receipts
- Assist in performing inspections of Sales, Coin Operated Device (COD), and Admissions licenses.
- Assist with writing violations to ensure compliance with tax laws and regulations.
- Develop, update, and review section procedures. Minimum and Additional Requirements
Bachelors degree in a business related field. Valid Drivers License and reliable transportation required for field work.
Academic degrees must be from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Nine (9) semester hours in Accounting and/or Computer courses
- Debt collection experience
- Customer Service experience
- Banking experience
Accounting experience Additional Comments
SCDOR employees are required to comply with all SCDOR tax requirements and are subject to a National Criminal Background Check to include fingerprinting.
- It is the policy of the Department of Revenue to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, and pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited to, lactation.
Salary: $26,988.00 - $49,932.00 Annually
Location: Horry County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 84479
Closing: 12/18/2018 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: AD33
Position Number: 60032790
Normal Work Schedule: Monday - Friday (8:30 - 5:00)
Pay Band: Band 4
Hiring Range - Min.: $32,427.00
Opening Date: 12/07/2018
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Apply online. Complete the application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be included but not substituted for completing the entire application.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Revenue
Address: 300 A Outlet Pointe Blvd Columbia, South Carolina, 29214-0520