FirstService Residential Landscape Manager in Indian Land, South Carolina
FirstService Residential is now hiring a Landscape Manager for a large-scale community in the Fort Mill, SC area.
Primary Responsibilities: Inspects and ensures the Association's landscape is satisfactory, and all support services are conducted and fulfilled in a manner consistent with the goals and objectives of the property.
- Interacts with homeowners, contracted landscape crews and managers, and Association personnel.
- On a routine basis, inspects landscape for Association and all owned common ground areas.
- Follows-up on inspection of all assigned landscape maintenance work orders, roof repair work orders and any miscellaneous work orders.
- On new projects, will check the installation, operation, maintenance, and ongoing status conditions.
- Take photos of any items that need attention, to provide backup for the landscaper's proposals to repair and/or situations that need to be discussed with management.
- Will monitor all irrigation systems to ensure that they are working properly at all times and working in accordance with the local irrigation standards and practices.
- Will work closely with irrigation contractor to ensure repairs are performed promptly and correctly. Also, in coordination with the contractor, provide a monthly inspection report to the association.
- Track schedules already established between the Association and contacted landscape vendors to ensure that aeration, fertilization, mowing, trimming, blowing, etc. is being done on a timely basis.
- Evaluate plants, trees and ground covers for unnatural conditions such as browning leaves or evidence of stress. Determine whether special amendments or watering adjustments would improve their condition. If not and removal is recommended, determination will be made to see if replacement is necessary.
- On a daily basis will meet with management for daily assignments and provide a written log of all work done for the day. This will include areas inspected, homeowner meetings, landscaper interactions, and any other duties performed.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Minimum of five years landscape maintenance experience with strong skills in irrigation, typical disease/pest control, soil management, fertilization and plant identification.
- Any landscape license and/ or credential would be preferred but not required such as: SC Pesticide License, Certified Landscape Technician, etc.
- Effectively be able to communicate with homeowners, landscape vendors, office staff and others, as needed.
- Capability of reading and interpreting street maps, design plans and work orders.
- Must be self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and flexible and be able to prioritize.
- Be available to participate in training sessions, presentations, or meetings.
- Experienced in working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must be available to work holidays, weekends, and various hours when necessary.
- Accountable for one's own work and safety.
- Must be physically and intellectually capable of operating a personal computer, printer, telephone, calculator and various other routine business equipment items.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position involves sitting, standing, stooping, kneeling, pushing, shoving, lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25 lbs. This movement can occur throughout the day. Must also be able to climb several flights of stairs if necessary.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to drive. Some local travel by personal vehicle is required
- Must be able to communicate both on the phone and in person with our clients in order to resolve issues and manage the business.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be mobile enough to move around both the office in order to make copies, send mail and faxes and to walk around the property. This could include lengthy walks on uneven areas.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors, and other associates. Capable of working extended hours, to include evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- This position may alternate between working indoors in a controlled climate and with proper lighting, to an outdoors setting with variable climate and lighting.
- Must be able to interact with all types of individuals, be mentally alert, detail oriented, and with good reasoning skills.
- Must be able to work on more than one assignment at a time with frequent interruptions, changes and delays. Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently, and cheerfully under such circumstances. For safety reasons, employee must remain alert to working conditions and aware of safety, health, and environmental concerns.
- Must be able to work effectively and cheerfully in an environment which may be stressful due to adversarial situations resulting from the proper performance of duties
The work environment characteristics are normal office conditions for the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Hours over and above normal office hours will occur, including evenings, holidays, and some weekends. Schedule is subject to change based on business needs.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest provider of third-party community association management in North America. With a presence in 28 states and 3 provinces in Canada we deliver exceptional service and solutions that enhance the value of every property and the lifestyle of every resident in the communities we manage. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled