SC Department of Public Safety Administrative Coordinator I / Branch Supervisor I - 112280 in Lee County, South Carolina
Are you passionate about management? Are you able to work in a fast paced environment and successfully navigate priorities? If so, we may have an amazing opportunity for you to join our team as a Branch Supervisor. Come discover your next exciting career with the SCDMV! Branch Supervisors not only lead the way in a result-oriented environment but they also help mentor their team for success.
*The Administrative Coordinator I/Branch Supervisor I position is responsible for the Bishopville Branch Office located in Bishopville, SC. *
Responsibilities of the Branch Supervisor I
- This position is responsible for planning, overseeing, and directing all branch functions ensuring operational and customer service excellence on a day to day basis.
- Ensures compliance with established DMV policies and procedures and FMCSA standards as required by law.
- Manages annual performance appraisals, and professional development of subordinate personnel.
- Proactively reviews daily staffing levels to ensure level of coverage is sufficient to provide quality customer service.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, recommending awards, assisting in disciplinary action, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts when possible.
- Maintains cost control in operation; assists in developing and monitoring branch budgets; helps control expenditures.
Ensures the orientation and development of staff; enhances professional growth and development through such activities as career programs. Other job duties may include:
Examine, accept, prepare and enter all documents required in issuing drivers licenses, beginner permits and identification cards for all classes including original, duplicate, transfers, temporary and replacement vehicle registrations, license plates, handicap placards, golf cart permits and/or titles.
- Process motor vehicle registration requests, research suspension inquiries and modify registration credentials as needed.
- Administer knowledge test for all classes to include CDL. Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and relevant experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services or a bachelor's degree may be substituted for the required work experience.
- Must complete a nationwide criminal background check to include finger prints prior to being certified to administer CDL knowledge skill tests.
- Demonstrated ability to retain DMV policies and procedures and apply them to your daily specified tasks.
- Able to complete and pass the Examiner trainer course and examination.
- Must attend required training, meetings or workshops.
- The person holding this position may be required to relocate to an office within 30 miles of their home office if business needs require.
What’s in it for you?
At the SCDMV you get to be part of exceptional team and diverse culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
*The South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles offers an exceptional benefits package for full time employees (FTE) employees. *
- Health, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance for employees, spouse and children (also available for temporary employees working over 20 hours per week)
- 15 days annual (vacation) leave per year
- 15 days sick leave per year
- 13 paid holidays
- State Retirement Plan and Deferred Compensation Programs (optional for Temporary Employees)
*So what are you waiting for? *Come be a part of a fast-growing, dynamic agency, and join a team that offers an opportunity for accelerated professional growth! Preferred Qualifications
DMV preferred requirements: A bachelor's degree and two (2) years of related experience.
The Department of Motor Vehicles is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including, but not limited, to lactation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history.
Salary: $33,494.00 - $61,975.00 Annually
Location: Lee County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 112280
Closing: 4/14/2021 5:00 PM Eastern
Class Code: AH10
Position Number: 60030630
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Monday - Friday 8:15 A.M. - 5:15 P.M.
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $48,425.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $54,004.00
Opening Date: 04/07/2021
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: You must apply on-line at www.careers.sc.gov. Applications will be accepted through 5:00 p.m. April 14, 2021. Follow the status of your application on-line. You will be notified of scheduled interviews and also the final disposition of the job.
Veteran Preference Statement: South Carolina is making our Veterans a priority for employment in state agencies and institutions.
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles
Address: P.O. Box 1498 Blythewood, South Carolina, 29016