SC Department of Public Safety HVAC/Energy Management Systems Technician (#015860) Lee CI, Bishopville (LEE) in Lee County, South Carolina
- Develop HVAC maintenance and repair program throughout the facility.
- Supervise and complete HVAC maintenance, construction and renovation projects for assigned facility.
- Establish on-call procedures to respond to emergency maintenance and repair calls and assure the work is promptly and properly performed.
- Determine requirements for HVAC supplies and equipment and submit purchase requisitions.
- Remain abreast of new HVAC/refrigeration techniques, procedures and equipment.
- Confer with supervisor and departmental maintenance personnel and make recommendations pertaining to overall maintenance policies and operation procedures.
- Participate in on-call rotation Must successfully complete 4 week SCDC Basic Training upon hire.
Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to:
Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State of South Carolina Minimum Requirements: A high school diploma and trade experience that is directly related to the area of employment. (Or an acceptable equivalency as approved by the Division of State Human Resources).
SCDC Minimum Requirements:
- A High School Diploma;
- Three (3) years extensive working knowledge of principles and techniques of general maintenance and repairs to heating/ventilating, air conditioning, refrigeration systems, building control systems, steam and hot water boilers and heat exchangers. *Must be EPA universal certified for refrigeration systems or obtain within six (6) months. * Preferred Qualifications
Resume, license(s) and certification(s) should be submitted to be considered for position.
The South Carolina Department of Corrections is committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information
Supplemental questions are considered part of your official application. Any misrepresentation will result in your disqualification from employment. Please complete the state application to include all current and previous work history and education. A resume will not be accepted nor reviewed to be determined if an applicant has met the qualifications for the position.
Salary: $36,233.00 - $46,786.00 Annually
Location: Lee County, SC
Job Type: FTE - Full-Time
Job Number: 015860
Closing: 3/16/2021 11:59 PM Eastern
Class Code: KC23
Position Number: 015860
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Band 5
Hiring Range - Min.: $36,233.00
Hiring Range - Max.: $46,786.00
Opening Date: 10/20/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: This position is recruited through governmentjobs.com only, You must apply online via the State of South Carolina jobs website, www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sc/scdc to be considered as an applicant for this position. Questions regarding the application process, this job posting or any other postings with the SCDC should be directed to: Recruiting and Employment Services (803) 896-1649 Employment@doc.sc.gov
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Work Time: Monday - Friday (7:30 am - 3:30 pm) Hours/Week: 37.50 Shift/Work Schedule: 02
Agency: State of South Carolina Department of Corrections
Address: 4444 Broad River Road Columbia, South Carolina, 29210