SC Department of Public Safety Front Desk Assistant (Temporary) in Lexington County, South Carolina
Provides effective customer service and assistance to students and staff at MTC. Greets all patrons of the ASC and assists with questions, whether it pertains to computers, the ASC services or MTC in general. Knowledge of technology is a must.
- Ensures the center is operational, and equipment is in proper working condition.
- Provides assistance and customer service to all patrons of the ASC.
- Assists students with D2L, Appointment Manager, and Online Services, MTC Website etc.
- Maintains reservations for and prepares room for usage. Utilizes PC Reservation.
- Maintains Tutor schedules and ASC Calendars; make changes as needed.
- Monitors center supplies, to include printers and submit supply orders to the ASC Coordinator.
- Ensures the center is operational,all rooms are open and areas are ready for use.
- Assists ASC/Life Skills Center Coordinators (LSC) and staff.
- Performs other duties to assist with the efficient operation of the ASC and LSC. Minimum and Additional Requirements
Associate’s degree or a high school diploma with two (2) years’ experience in customer services. Successful candidate should possess the ability to analyze job duties and select the best way to accomplish individual tasks, demonstrate initiative, exhibit good computer, interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of technology is a must. * *
Midlands Technical College is dedicated to providing excellent service to its students, employees, and the community. In doing so, all MTC employees will take two Service Excellence courses: a college-wide program to enhance our collective efforts of ensuring MTC is a first-choice college.
Salary: $13.50 - $16.50 Hourly
Location: Lexington County, SC
Job Type: Temporary - Part-Time
Job Number: 104614
Class Code: AA25
Position Number: 104614
Normal Work Schedule: Other
Pay Band: Unclassified
Hiring Range - Min.: $13.50
Hiring Range - Max.: $16.50
Opening Date: 08/14/2020
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer
Agency Specific Application Procedures: Qualified applicants must visit the SC State Jobs website at www.careers.sc.gov to complete and submit an on-line application. A CV, resumes and cover must accompany your application. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of applications.
Normal Work Schedule (Other): Mornings: Monday to Thursday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm and Friday 7:30 am - 1:30pm; or, Evenings: Monday-Thursday 3:00 pm – 9:00 pm; some Fridays 8:00 am - 1:30 pm; Occasional weekend hours and fill-in on varying campuses
Agency: State of South Carolina Midlands Technical College
Address: P.O. Box 2408 Columbia, South Carolina, 29202