HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 280,000 people across more than 2,000 care facilities are all committed to creating a positive impact every day. It’s an organization that exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we’re connected to something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare everywhere.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment program, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Grand Strand Medical Centeris a 369-bed acute care hospital serving residents of Horry and surrounding counties. Our hospital offers the only cardiac surgery program, neurosurgery program and pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) in Horry and Georgetown counties and is a designated Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center by South Carolina DHEC. Our hospital is also the only Comprehensive Stroke Center in the service area, certified by DNV-GL.
The Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO) is a critical financial leadership pipeline role that serves as a direct tributary into the hospital Chief Financial Officer (CFO) role. This position manages the Financial Accounting and Reporting Department to ensure that it is providing effective and efficient service. This individual is responsible for oversight of the Accounting and Financial Reporting operations including monthly, quarterly and year end processes.
General Summary of Duties:
• Participates as a member of the Campus’ Senior Management Team in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the hospital’s mission and/or strategic plan.
• Ensures the hospital meets regulatory and compliance needs.
• Provides direction, leadership, and educational needs to hospital managers.
• Provides financial expertise in the planning of new services and the expansion of existing services promoting revenue growth.
• Participating in the hospital's monthly operation reviews as well as participating in corporate office and Division meetings as deemed necessary
• Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing costs including participation in performance improvement activities and committees such as SMAT and/or CVAC.
• Participates in the oversight of the functions of the Accounting Department to ensure completion of work in specified time frames according to departmental, division or corporate policies.
• Select, train and evaluate performance of Accounting personnel to ensure quality of service and technical expertise.
• Oversight of nonfinancial department(s).
• Oversees the coordination and timely completion of month end close for the hospital and its related COID’s
• Responsible for the completion of Financial Reporting documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis such as financial operating and volume trending reports.
• Reviews and coordinates weekly and monthly financial projections and forecasting
• Performs net revenue analysis including the review of the standard monthly accrual (SMA) and Medicare exhibits
• Functions as Chief Staffing Officer (CSO) for the campus
• Responsible for building relationships with physicians
• Participates in facility’s Clinical Excellence program
• Coordinates physician and vendor contracts with facility contracts manager
• Reviews and coordinates tax work-papers and filing requirements
• Reviews and provides input on recommended capital expenditures and CAM project(s).
• Coordinates the completion of the annual budget and tracks the progress on a periodic basis.
• Oversees the preparation of the annual Medicare cost report work-papers
• Coordinates internal and external audits
• Coordinates Campus specific Financial Statements
• Ensures the hospital’s internal controls are sound and all Sarbanes Oxley 404 and internal controls documentation is completed.
• Maintains accuracy of the balance sheet; completion of monthly Balance Sheet Review Guide and Financial Attestation.
• Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct
• Bachelors in Finance, Accounting, or other related area required • Master’s degree in related field preferred
• Minimum of three years in finance/accounting or public accounting/audit experience
• Experience as a hospital Controller preferred • Previous supervisory experience preferred
• CPA preferred
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Title: Assistant Chief Financial Officer (ACFO)
Location: South Carolina-Myrtle Beach-Grand Strand Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00104-14224