Samsung Electronics America QA Lab Technician in Newberry, South Carolina
The QA lab technician is responsible for all activities related to ensuring the best quality of our products, including inspection, testing, troubleshooting, and process improvement
Role and Responsibilities
(Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position)
• Plan and execute product/reliability tests for mass production and new models
• Inspect parts to ensure compliance to established standard and regulation (RoHS and Phthalate requirement) using XRF and GCMS equipment
• Create an effective, efficient testing protocol to be used across all product lines
• Report quality problems or concerns to senior management immediately
• Maintain, test and troubleshoot all instrumentation devices
• Meet required quality testing quotas and standards
• Provide training and support within the QA team
• Other responsibilities as assigned by management; job duties may change at any time with or without notice
Skills and Qualifications
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
• Skillful with measuring gauges and lab equipment
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3 or more years of related/relevant work experience in a quality lab
• Must be able to read and write in English
• Available to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
• Flexible work availability and able to work overtime as needed with same-day notice
• Proficient with the use of shop equipment including mills, lathes, grinders and welders
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Must demonstrate strong problem-solving ability
• Capability to learn new specific software and system
• Team working environment with respect to each other
• The ability to bend, move, grip, reach, and lift up to 40 lbs. on a repetitive basis
• QM/IBI/SVC/QA Part Leader
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Alerts : If you would like to be notified of new opportunities when they are posted, please click here (https://sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Samsung_Careers/jobAlerts) . You will be asked to create an account first if you do not already have one.
Samsung Electronics is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, digital appliances, and network systems, and the entire semiconductor industry with our memory, system LSI, foundry, and LED solutions. Samsung is also leading in the development of the Internet of Things through, among others, our Smart Home and Digital Health initiatives.
Since being established in 1969 , Samsung Electronics has grown into one of the world’s leading technology companies, and become recognized as one of the top global brands. Our network now extends across the world, and Samsung takes great pride in the creativity and diversity of its talented people, who drive our growth. To discover more, please visit our official newsroom at ( https://news.samsung.com/global/ ).