Aerotek Supply Chain Coordinator in North Charleston, South Carolina
Our client, a global logistics company with offices in North Charleston, SC, is currently looking to hire a SUPPLY CHAIN COORDINATOR to join their team.
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Understand the processes involved in international shipping from purchase order to delivery of cargo at ultimate destination
• Assist GF personnel and other third parties with inquiries and problem resolution
• Generate, file, and maintain up-to-date and accurate customer records, reports, shipment documentation, etc.
• Provide tracking and tracing services for customer shipments
• Provide support and backup for the delivery and turnovers
• Perform load-audits
• Provide reporting and documentation collection support to global forwarding personnel and ensure customer data integrity
• Ensure adherence to customer SOPs, government agency regulations, and company standards
• Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
Top Skills Details:
This role is for a conscientious individual with excellent communication and customer service skills. The employee multi-tasks and prioritizes duties in a fast-paced environment while providing exceptional service. employee supports, collaborates and assists global forwarding personnel with customer shipment details.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
At least 4 years of data entry experience OR a degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
Must have excellent Microsoft Excel/Word skills
Experience in logistics or shipping preferred.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.