Cosma International Human Resources Generalist (off-shift) in Piedmont, South Carolina
We have two open positions for Human Resources Generalist. These are 2nd and 3rd shift openings. Both of these positions are with Magna Drive Automotive (DAI), a division of Cosma International.
Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International, is one of the world‘s premier global automotive suppliers providing a comprehensive range of body, chassis, and engineering solutions to our customers. Our pioneering technology and creativity allows our customers to ask for solutions that lie beyond what they previously thought was possible.
Magna Drive Automotive (DAI) is a Press and Assembly location with 1,000+ employees in Piedmont, SC.
The Human Resources Generalist provides Human Resources support to the plant including Assembly, Press, Logistics, T&D;, Maintenance, and the office area. The Human Resource Generalist has responsibility for, but not limited to, auditing department personnel files, record keeping, assisting management with administering company policy, employee relations issues, and ensuring that the plant is managing in concert with the principles set forth in the Magna Employee Charter.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible to ensure that the Customer, People, and Investor goals are balanced and met.
- Responsible for delivering of Human Resources activities for the off-shift supporting the entire plant in the areas of responsibility, including the following:
- Recruitment and hiring: Posting internal/external, review candidates, schedule interviews, schedule follow-up feedback meetings for internal candidates. Assists as needed with the recruitment/administration of the apprenticeship program. Assists with maintenance of manpower vs. hiring requisitons.
- Support new hire orientation if needed on the off-shift.
- Provide leadership training to team leads/supervisors/managers.
- Provide support for set-up/administration of training classes on the off-shift.
- Support answering basic questions and collection of documents for FMLA and STD/LTD.
- Answer benefits questions and validate paperwork is complete for new hires, life events, and open enrollment and validate all supporting documentation of dependents is submitted.
- Assists managers/supervisors with eTime administration questions.
- Assists employees with basic payroll questions and follow-up with payroll administrator when needed and provide timely feedback back to the employee.
- Validate attendance corrective actions are being administered and assist managers/supervisors and employees with attendance questions.
- Provide suggestions and implement continuous improvement processes and procedures.
- Performance appraisals: train supervisors/managers, send out reminders, review appraisals, and track completion.
- Terminations/Lay-offs: Validate reason follows DAI policies, guidelines, practices, and procedures. Administer paperwork, data-entry, exit interviews, and notifications.
- Ensure pay progressions are entered correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains employee personnel files. Assists with maintaining filing accordingly.
- Deals with employee concerns with respect to job security, fair treatment, safe and healthy workplace, fair wages and benefits, equity participation, and communication of information.
- Assists supervisors and managers to ensure the fair and reasonable implementation of company policies and procedures, employment law, and maintaining the principles of the Employee’s Charter.
- Lead investigations in regards to harassment, workplace violence, and concerns of favoritism. Assists managers/supervisors with all other investigation actions needed, verify supporting documentation, and recommends corrective actions.
- Assist with the development and continual updating of company policies and interpretation, including employee handbook.
- Prepare and assist with employee related events.
- Maintains interaction and communication with government bodies, other organizations, and maintaining HR knowledge regarding changes in employment law.
- In conjunction with Manager, assists in the planning, implementation, and administration of key programs and activities,
- Maintains information needed for key performance indicatiors (KPI) tracking.
- Maintain data integrity in Peoplesoft and ADP by entering new hires, terminations, personal information updates/changes, promotions, and pay changes in systems accordingly.
- Perform other duties as required.
Knowledge and Education
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors Degree, major in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or other related field and 5+ years of Human Resources experience or an Associate’s Degree or equivalent in a related field with 7+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Must have employee relations experience heavily in investigations, corrective actions, and coaching supervisors/managers regarding employee issues.
- Must have experience working independently and have strong decision making skills.
- Must have experience with escalation procedures and taking appropriate action quickly.
- Must be proficient with Word/Excel/Powerpoint & HRIS systems.
- Must have worked in an automotive or similar face paced manufacturing environment.
- Must have strong organizational, communication, and team player skills.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent people and interpersonal skills.
- The main language proficiency shall be in the English language with a Grade Level greater than 12.
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- To apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- To deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Apply problem solving skills and techniques where applicable.
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items such as papers, books, small parts; driving an automobile, etc. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Must be able to work flex time in order to cover all three shifts.
- Manufacturing, 60% walking/standing, 40% office, desk and computer.
Magna is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Group: Cosma International
Division: Drive Automotive
State/Province/County: South Carolina
Job Type: Regular